Union Grove Test and Tune 8/19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Union Grove Test and Tune 8/19

Even though I didn't get there until kind of late there were still some heavy hitters out as well as daily drivers, crotch rockets, and snowmobiles. Still getting used to the camera and all it's settings so most of my pics didn't turn out well, but I'm getting better at it.

This was in a parking lot on the way there, '59 Pontiac good condition from what I saw, not sure if it was worth the $18,000 asking price though.

Blown alcohol Nova, didn't get to see it run.

SBC powered Pinto, $6000 in it and he's running high 10's.

Not the best picture but too cool not to share. This was making a pass as I was pulling in, didn't get to see times but it sounded downright NASTY!
    I'm probably wrong

Gorgeous car. Couldn't figure out why it looked familiar until I remembered a redo of a fat fendered Chevy in Hot Rod a few years ago. Almost the exact same paint. Couldn't find a picture of the fat fender.

Badass Challenger

This guy wore this truck out making a ton of passes. Diesel 4X4 running 14's if I remember correctly.

Group of snowmobilers that made a bunch of runs. One of them was in the low 9's!
    I'm probably wrong

Comment

Look at the size of that ProCharger!!!

I'm probably wrong

Comment

This truck was running 12's!

Camaro that ran 8.88

LSX nitrous racer. He shut it down early and still ran low nines if I remember right.

These guys put on a hell of a show, the Olds was on it's back bumper when it launched! All they would admit to was it's a big block with nitrous.

This is the track announcers car, runs 9's all day on motor but gets squirrely as hell when he hits the nitrous.
        I'm probably wrong

Comment

Nice pic's, now what t bird run?

Comment

the hurst olds was sharp ...life without OLDS kinda sucks

Comment

Originally posted by Stich496 View Post
              Nice pic's, now what t bird run?
              The Bird isn't quite as healthy as I thought it was. During shake down runs on the way there some issues with the trans and a weird bogging/sputtering at 3500 rpm's to redline at full throttle came to light. Since I need it as my dd, I didn't run it and risk f'ing it up. If I can't get to work, I'm royally screwed, so no times for the Bird. I'm going to baby it until I have everything for the swap. It's put my focus even more on getting a fresh engine and trans in it so it's kind of a good thing. I just hope nothing more rears it's ugly head until I can get it fixed, 3 more weeks until work starts again and no income until then.
              I'm probably wrong

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post
                the hurst olds was sharp ...life without OLDS kinda sucks
                That Olds was completely badass! When I say it was on the bumper I mean on the friggin bumper! I thought for sure the oil pan and headers were toast but the driver let it down easy and there was no damage.
                I'm probably wrong

Comment

Thanks for the pictures - I like the slow looking cars that are hauling the mail! The Pinto made me cry a little though... but hey, run what ya brung right?

Sorry to hear the bird's not happy. I've been thinking about this, and the 2000 Explorer engine I had came to mind. It's crank triggered ignition, short water pump, and ODBii so I think you could snag a 4.6 odbii harness and computer and go with a 347 or 331 stroker with very few mods and a baby butt smooth cam, like a 270 HR comp (215/215). I have been curious for some time to see if the cam position sensor plugs and ignition stuff doesn't use the same connectors the 4.6 cars did. I like the OHC stuff but she's kind of a big girl and I can't help but think it would like the cubes. A ported mustang lower and early 90's tbird upper would fit under the hood.

errr... I kind of went off the deep end there. Maybe a totalled Mark Viii parts car would be a better solution.
                  Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Everything is still in the research and planning stage with the Bird so ideas are welcome!
                    I'm probably wrong

Comment

i spent alot of time at that track in the mid 90s when i was going to school up there
                      Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

This was my first time there, plan on being there a lot for the next few weeks.
                        I'm probably wrong

Comment

Of the two Wisconsin Drag strips, this is the better one.
                          Its location between Milwaukee and Chicago draws some fast stuff from both comunities.
                          When I went a few years back on a test and tune some "street racers" where there tuning, no times displayed but they were not slow;)

Comment

There were quite a few of those. ;) There was a nasty little CRX that would be damn fast if he could get it to launch well, a couple of Mustangs that looked like they were putting down some serious times, and a few others I can't think of right now.
                            I'm probably wrong

Comment

Working...
                            X