• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad news for owners of "Old GM" vehicles

GM does not honor warantees on "Old GM" vechicles

Obama: US will guarantee waranties:
    Shelter animals make great pets

the car may be out of warranty
    no mo generous motors , which is been a change , we have been giving away the store

Comment

Yea, like when the taxpayers took it in the shorts for around 1.5 billion when Fiat bought Chrysler .
      Shelter animals make great pets

Comment

Originally posted by President Obama
        "Let me say this as plainly as I can. If you buy a car from Chrysler or General Motors, you will be able to get your car serviced and repaired just like always," Obama said in a speech. "Your warranty will be safe. In fact, it will be safer than it has ever been. Because starting today, the United States will stand behind your warranty."
        Read more: http://www.autoweek.com/article/2009...#ixzz1VflVwbLw

GM really does stand for Government Motors, huh?

*edit* I was trying to label who said the quote, and this site's program worded it as if HE had posted it. HA!
        Last edited by yellomalibu; August 21, 2011, 07:17 AM.

Comment

boardroom coup took over the company

Comment

bad spindles, tires lasting 6000 miles, errr, wouldn't you have noticed that before 2011 on your 2007 car? I kinda question the validity of the complaint coming in so late, but GM's response kind of sucks too. No win here.

Toyota replaced the entire right side wheel / hub assembly on dad's car - it started howling at 12,000 miles. Even though they've never sent him a recall for the other problems the car has, they did take care of him on this one.

I don't even want to touch the politics of " the US government standing behind your car" ... man, just delete my response now because it is textbook of some specifically political philosophy "common ownership of the means of production,"
            Last edited by Beagle; August 21, 2011, 07:21 AM.
            Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
              bad spindles, tires lasting 6000 miles, errr, wouldn't you have noticed that before 2011 on your 2007 car? I kinda question the validity of the complaint coming in so late, but GM's response kind of sucks too. No win here.

Toyota replaced the entire right side wheel / hub assembly on dad's car - it started howling at 12,000 miles. Even though they've never sent him a recall for the other problems the car has, they did take care of him on this one.

Probably not the original tires.
              The tires that wore out in 6000 miles were likely a replacement set.
              I'm sure her "rear spindle rods" took a while to wear out. Sooner than they should have in a new car - don't get me wrong - but I don't think the tires on the brand new cars were wearing out in 6000 miles.

the lawsuit demands that GM fix the rods, saying that it had done so on Impala police vehicles.
              The police vehicles put on a lot more miles - more hard miles - than the average Impala, so they discovered the problem quickly. Why GM didn't do a full recall...? uhh... probably because they were going bankrupt and not doing things as a company should.

Sucks that we the taxpayers have to cover the warranties, but glad people who bought American cars are getting the warranties they were promised when they made their purchases.

Comment

The article says that "new GM" says that the plaintiff sued the wrong company, it should have sued "old GM" instead of "new GM".

I guess we still don't know if "old GM" will honor the warranty....?????
                My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

those impala rear toe is always out
                  guess lacrosse and gran prix don't have the same problem - duh ...bullshit story

Comment

this is the truth of their bankruptcy.

20 years of transverse flunk gets to be erased pretending it was never their problem.

my first old gm was a 74 chevelle literally advertised with some 20 year guarantees (very strong chassis, and they bragged about it).. of course, I never sought anyhting, it never needed anyhting.

if an old gm like that existed.. I would stay happy.

that whole transverse stuff is a tragedy, and will continue to flunk...unless they go ricer standards, and that is good for one driver and awaiting a maine summer to call it good.

All Fail.

Previously boxer3main
                    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

32 years of transverse yuk

Comment

I thought GM paid all the money back to the Government...........

Comment

no , not even close

Comment

ok i am confused and this story makes no sense. GM has used the same "spindal rods" (i think there talking about the rear trailing arms and not the latteral arms. the lateral arms are big beffy things) sense the first second gen W-body in 1997 no issues. the police cars got solid round bar ones do tot he extra force put on them do to how they are driven. the impala SS and GXP got hollow squar tubing units but all other W-cars got the stamped steel "U" shaped ones

this is what i think happend some idiot jacked the car up on the rear trailing arm and it bent
                            Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
                            Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

usually a tow truck kills them

Comment

Working...
                              X