Redneck Neighborhood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redneck Neighborhood

We decorated the neighborhood today. Actually we PAID to have the neighborhood decorated. Big bathroom renovation x3.

The neighbors have to love it. This is great scenery. It'll be no telling how long it'll take the Big Trucks from the city to come along and haul this stuff away.

In the meantime, postcard photo fodder. Classic.

The guys doing the work asked if we have homeless people roaming the neighborhood....that just might use the "facilities" out by the street. No homeless, but the crazy unsupervised kids, yeah, I expect a turd or two in some of these toilets by the time the city haulers get here.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Redneck Neighborhood.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	103.1 KB
ID:	877831
    Last edited by pdub; August 23, 2011, 02:51 PM.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

looks like yuppie ville

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post
      looks like yuppie ville
      It is, it sure is. I never in my life thought we'd have a house like this. But rednecks can and do live everywhere, and we DO.

I just took great pleasure, enough to take a photo of it...look what WE did! I swear the crazy neighborhood kids will use the toilets before they're hauled off. Unless they'd rather try to break them with Dad's sledgehammer. There's no telling what they'll do.

So, they're all rednecks, too. Rednecks are everywhere.

Comment

P'dub, the Yuppie Redneck.
        Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by nesabo View Post
          P'dub, the Yuppie Redneck.
          Yeah, that would be me Neal. The "work" costume is just that, a costume.

You've seen me out of costume and out of programmed behavior.

I'm a redneck at heart, trying to act like a professional during the week. Most times poorly.

I swear I like that pile of toilets beside the street in this neighborhood. I do. I really do.

EDIT: If you look across the street in the photo, that's Superman's Corvette in their garage. We don't want to revisit that subject. The Big Boss here tore my ass up for that one, not in what I did but for how I did it, the clandestine photo on the day of delivery.

Yup, yuppie redneck. That would be me. Every bit of it.
          Last edited by pdub; August 23, 2011, 03:33 PM.

Comment

I hear you, for july and august I have to go to the office where the bosses are at. Dress pants and collared shirt. Give me my jeans and t shirt.
            Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Folks in fancy cars are stopping in front of the house, backing up and studying the toilets real close. More than one car has done it. Folks who live in this neighborhood.

I don't think the toilets will last by the street all night.

EDIT, we just noticed one of the tank lids is already gone. Somebody in this pseudo-fancy neighborhood needed a lid for their toilet tank. I guess it must have been the right color.
              Last edited by pdub; August 23, 2011, 04:32 PM.

Comment

Hell, if those are 3 gallon flushers, the whole toilet would be gone around here. I hate the new toilets - and apparently I'm not the only one... every time somebody remodels, if they are old school toilets that actaully save water since you only have to flush them once, POOF, gone.

I'm digging the porch on your neighbors joint. Very southern.
                Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                  Hell, if those are 3 gallon flushers, the whole toilet would be gone around here. I hate the new toilets - and apparently I'm not the only one... every time somebody remodels, if they are old school toilets that actaully save water since you only have to flush them once, POOF, gone.

I'm digging the porch on your neighbors joint. Very southern.
                  Yeah, for sure. Superman has a great front porch, it faces east. They can sit out there in the summer afternoons and be in the shade. Ours faces west, so our front porch is useless when the hot sun is out.

But as an update, one of the three toilets the plumber guys replaced malfunctioned real soon, leaking water on the floor. Being of great service, they cme racing back to the scene (our house). It was a gasket or something, they fixed the water leak. No more leak problem.

So, while they were here for the second time we had a great time drinking beer and laughing about the pile of toilets beside the street in the "fancy" neighborhood.

Here's Alex the Plumber thinking about the problem we had with the new toilet in the house:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Redneck Neighborhood 001.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	81.7 KB
ID:	857247
                  Last edited by pdub; August 23, 2011, 06:14 PM.

Comment

Pee Wee ,Id put a rubber turd in there just for laughs. Wait for some guy too walk by in the morning and see the look on his face !

Comment

pdub, so if when I'm down there at Christmas, can I come and christen one of the new "thrones"?
                      "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Orange95Z View Post
                        pdub, so if when I'm down there at Christmas, can I come and christen one of the new "thrones"?
                        Absolutely Matt! You know it's so.

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
                          Absolutely Matt! You know it's so.
                          I don't know if you want that. Matt eats way too much Mexican food!!
                          I R Bob
                          You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                          2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

You know how I know I live in a Redneck neighborhood? Because I live in FREEKIN" NORTH CAROLINA!!!! Besides, they'll have me so I guess that says it all. Not as fancy as your neighborhood - no curbside facilities.

Dan

Comment

Aint nothing wrong with being a redneck peewee. I've had some real good times with them. Hey, if some one takes a dump in one...you're not the one going to put it in the garbage truck.
                              Tom
                              Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Working...
                              X