Ls1 torque converter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ls1 torque converter

What size stall should I install . The car is 34 ford ,500hp,700r4,street racer.

Gears and your definition of Street Racing need to be known. Call Cirlce D and give them your specs.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

if you go non lockup , the o/d will need to be beffed

the yank 9.5 is really popular

Comment

Get a factory 2200 RPM stall off a 4cyl S10 if you're on a budget. I think the TrailBlazer stall isn't bad either.

Comment

I run a TCI Streetfighter 3,000rpm lock-up on my 550hp 700r4 equipped Camaro. I'm very happy with it. Usually doesn't need to downshift from 3rd gear for anything less that full throttle during regular driving. Run a trans cooler!
          1970 Camaro RS - SOLD | 2000 Camaro SS - Traded in for a Hyundai...
          1966 Ford Thunderbird - SOLD | 1963 MGB, abandoned V8 project, FOR SALE/SCRAP

1978 Cutlass - Post Lay-off daily driver

Comment

I run a Yank converter in my '99 Camaro it has a 3800 stall and is a lockup converter....I haven't been over at LS1.com in a while but Yank is one of the Converter companies that came highly recommended over there when I was researching converters........

Here's a link to their site.

The #1 Street/Strip Racing & Performance Torque Converter company in the industry with over 35 years experience. Every Converter we sell is custom built.
            Last edited by TC; August 24, 2011, 11:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X