• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• east coast weather channel update..

lol
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

The meteorologists at WeatherBELL Analytics believe we have an extremely dangerous situation on our hands. It is important that everyone in the potential path of this storm understand the consequences of Hurricane Irene's track.

While there is still some variation in the computer models, the possibility of a devastating hurricane on Long Island and New England is very real.

The European computer model has Irene north into New Jersey, New York and up the Hudson River and so even NYC is not out of the woods yet. The HWRF model is similar to the GFS model with a track over eastern Long Island. See storm surge maps for various scenariios including the 5 boroughs at the end of the article.

The storm surge is greatest near and to the rigfht of the storm track and where the slope of depth increases more gradually or where the shape of the water body (Naragansett Bay in 1938) channelts the water as in these aniimations.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	vis-l.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	857251
        this photo should magically update itself.
        Last edited by Barry Donovan; August 24, 2011, 06:21 PM.
        Previously boxer3main
        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

1-4 inches of rain where I am at and winds in the 60-70mph range by the forecast I just saw.

Where my sister lives in the western part of the state they are talking 5-8 inches of rain! Holy F!
            That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

maybe you should go get that tow truck a bit earlier - make a few bucks on the side

Comment

come on down and hang out with us this weekend...supposed to be nice in Va Beach...i even have a extra surf board you can borrow
                Never kick a fresh Turd on a hot day.....Harry S Truman

Comment

We're gettin' out of town. Wilmington WILL get hit, with only the amount in question - could be inches or feet. ME and the boys and I are headed to Winston-Salem to see Redhotracing and Mrs. Redhotracing (Luke and Greta). Perfect excuse to do something we've wanted to do anyhow. The boys (standard Poodles Beaux and Kingsford) are antsy as the Mom and Dad persons are packing bags and the like but we've told them that they're coming too. I'm not sure they believe us.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                    We're gettin' out of town. Wilmington WILL get hit, with only the amount in question - could be inches or feet. ME and the boys and I are headed to Winston-Salem to see Redhotracing and Mrs. Redhotracing (Luke and Greta). Perfect excuse to do something we've wanted to do anyhow. The boys (standard Poodles Beaux and Kingsford) are antsy as the Mom and Dad persons are packing bags and the like but we've told them that they're coming too. I'm not sure they believe us.

Dan
                    why can't I get the image of soggy poodles out of my head? darn you Dan!

Comment

Ya'll be safe! That's some scarey looking poop comin atcha....

Good plan Dan! Tell Luke and Greta I said hello - and give the boys a pat on the head from me.
                      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

they changed the track, it's now more toward us than the west end of the state..

DANS gonna get a big hit,, it might be a tad weak when it gets here..
                        no matter, the fools raped the supermarkets,,(559k in sales on friday alone ) starting a 8pm today I'll be at work till monday morning,,
                        this week 33 hours overtime, and next week because of the storm, I'll have 30+ in by monday..
                        Last edited by Stich496; August 26, 2011, 03:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X