Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• g.m. T.P.I. question

how would you tell it the set up is for a 305, or 350

found on in j/y crawl. looked all over the block for the liter size but came up empty..
    it's all there , but the throttle body..
    if it is a 350, what is a fair price??
    one runner has a dent.. but looks like a little heat and a brake spoon will bring it back

thanks

The latest CC shows a guy re-habbing TPI runners w/different size steel balls ... it's part of project sten that Smith is building.
    Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Mark.....I think the intake itself is the same regardless of engine displacement.

Have seen no visible evidence of the intake runners(tubes) being bigger on the 350's as opposed to the 305's. Thinking the throttle body and injectors are what makes the difference...but I've been wrong before.

Comment

corvette has an egr tube -all 350
        f body has internal egr -mostly 305

Comment

tpi

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post
          corvette has an egr tube -all 350
          f body has internal egr -mostly 305
          Ihave one of both f bodies tpi intake/runners/manifold and i don"t see any difference. Maybe the injectors. I would let the L98 one go for $50 so.....there you go for what its worth.
          Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

they do not go for much on ebay compleat with harness last i looked it was like $100. this was back in '09
            Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
            Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

I'm pretty sure I remember the difference being the injectors. (19 v. 24) Building a truck motor? They look neat, nice low end. Victor Jr. it ain't.

I'd go 100.00 if it's complete with 19# injectors, maybe 125 if it's 24#'ers for the 350.

/edit - 22 pound injectors for the 350. Sorry. Stuck on Ford here. CC has the 460 injectors calling them 22# and they are 24# @ 39 PSI. I think the GM regulators go higher than that so they are really going to be bigger than 24's... they're stuck on Chevy, I'm stuck on Ford. lol.

Grey injectors = 22
              Yellow injectors = 19

I'm pretty sure that's correct. You may want to verify that.
              Last edited by Beagle; August 25, 2011, 08:44 AM.
              Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

tpi used lucas rotary injectors

Comment

Working...
                X