Steve Jobs Hangs It Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Jobs Hangs It Up

Silicon Valley legend Steve Jobs on Wednesday resigned as chief executive of Apple Inc in a stunning move at the technology giant he co-founded in a garage.

isnt he having some health issues ? I thought I saw something like that on tv a while back
    Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Oh yeah , bad health issues

Comment

Morbid and insensitive of me to say, but I bet he is not long for the world.
        That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

You're probably right, Brian. I worked with a guy who was the kid hangin' around that garage when they were coming up with those first prototypes. He thought SJ was married to the company and the concept it was founded on. Doesn't seem like he'd leave if he had an option.

Dan

Comment

He has Pancreatic Cancer , something I wouldnt wish on anybody. Last time he left Apple , the company floundered from what I read.
            Reading , Pa
            Good Guys rodders rep.
            "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
            Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

that's what they said about Paul Allen.... still, you mean Steve Jobs is gone again...
              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

to be that out loud on top for that long..
                soft spoken taking over does not seem a good idea.
                Previously boxer3main
                the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by ls7gto View Post
                  He has Pancreatic Cancer , something I wouldnt wish on anybody. Last time he left Apple , the company floundered from what I read.
                  yup and he has basicly been on medical leave all year they said and has not actualy been running the company for about 2 years. he has realy only been acting as a figure head.
                  Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
                  Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

I remember reading what a quirky, ego maniac he was, but when you look at what he has accomplished over the years, whose to question his methods or madness. I believe Brian is right about him not being long for the world, someone like Steve is not going to leave unless there was simply no other alternative....
                    Nitrous is like that hot chick with crabs. you want to hit it, you're just afraid of the consequences

Comment

That's about the most brutal cancer there is.... sad... the guys added a lot to folks lifes.... ( not mine... I'm a PC guy... but I get the deal )

Comment

Originally posted by KeithTurk View Post
                        That's about the most brutal cancer there is.... sad... the guys added a lot to folks lifes.... ( not mine... I'm a PC guy... but I get the deal )
                        I am very much pc too. Right down to the rubber pegs I just changed on the bottom of my custom box.
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	HDTune_Health_WDC_WD800JB-00JJC0.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	857260

37377 hours on my 7th build. I must be learning.

the apple stuff did change my life. i was part of academically achieving nerds in 1984, got to play with the new computer. We got to listen to some speech by a guy who even looked like steve jobs. My mom knew who it was, can't ask her now, she passed on. I still wonder if it was steve jobs. guy looked a heck of alot like him.

never forgot the aurora of energy that hurt my head coming from the monitor. I was 11.
                        after the trs80 tried to kill me, and got in trouble for hacking all the way to my local news..only for them to realize it was not me at all...(1986)

I waited for the pentium 2 at a cost of around 2 grand cash out of pocket. I dropped the jaws of a few people at radio shack that day...

that first impression in '84, it was future. Steve jobs will be remembered for a long time I presume.
                        Last edited by Barry Donovan; August 24, 2011, 08:40 PM.
                        Previously boxer3main
                        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithTurk View Post
                          Patrick Swayze, Donna Reed, Michael Landon and Fred Gwynne all died of this dreaded disease.

Comment

cheap chinese labor sure helped apple

Comment

Cancer sucks a bag of *

I wish Mr. Jobs the best - even Balmer once said "We LOVE the McIntosh" - Microsoft sells a ton of software for the Mac. Arrogant and eccentric is the calling card for high power computer geeks. Check out Mark Cuban some time.

Sorry to hear about his health. Apple will carry on.
                              Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Working...
                              X