Now why didn't I think of this???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now why didn't I think of this???

I know there are several brands of garage door openers available, but this is simply ingeneous in its approach. It is simple and effective and works like a champ:

Discuss,

Ron
    It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

I know why it doesn't work - bribery and threats only work for a limited time.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

When I was a kid, I was the t.v. remote, drink fetcher, trash remover / compactor, automatic yard mowing device, paper picker upper, milk and bread delivery mechanism, lawn mower gas getter... Sister was the automatic clean house and laundry machine.

I think CPS will take your kids away if you try that with them now. In my time it wasn't a threat, it was a guaranteed ass whipping if you didn't perform these tasks with a minimum of noise. The bribery was "oh look! Dinner!"

lol. To be fair, my parents took good care of me. I don't think it hurt me any at all.
      Last edited by Beagle; August 25, 2011, 10:42 AM.
      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

no kidding Beags - I mowed 10 lawns a week when I was 10 or so - for years, shoveled that many walks in the winter too. I have NEVER had a kid ask to mow or shovel for me in my adult years. Damned shame.

As for the chick in a little black dress opening and closing the garage door - I see the English humor - what we didn't see was the expensive bribery required to make that video happen - I'm guessing that dude payed for the dress and jewelry and likely a real nice dinner too... BEFORE the video was shot.

Likelyhood of that happening at my house is somewhere between hell freezing over and Lohne's buying another Pacifica.
        There's always something new to learn.

Comment

I don't think I could pull that one off either.
          Originally posted by TC
          also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

Having no garage that's out of the question. And ME can't pull the chain for the shop doors so that is also unlikely. Maybe if I can get Gene to come visit he can crank the tension on the shop doors and the chain pull effort would be reduced - but it still ain't gonna happen.

In England, maybe if you can afford a Beemer chicks will put up with this silliness?

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post

In England, maybe if you can afford a Beemer chicks will put up with this silliness?

Dan
              kind of makes you wonder how they managed to get a world empire
              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Working...
              X