Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The great BangShift Wrecker Recovery Mission Was a Success!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rubber bands, oven mitts, scotch tape , passport
    sigpic

Comment

I'm all for towing the pacifica home - that's pure genius!

I would look very very carefully at the tires on brutus before you set off on this epic journey.
      I know they're huge by large and ridiculously heavy - but is there any chance you could get all six of goliath's shoes in the crapifica?

How about four?
      I'd set them to something less than 80 psi to save your kidneys on the drive.

That reminds me - if you have an air tank - I'd bring that - if you have a moderately slow leak - that can save your bacon limping it home.

aluminum racing jack if you have one
      - or any old floor jack that doesn't weigh as much as your 360 amc.
      at least one jack stand.
      couple quarts of 90 weight (axle and trans?)
      couple quarts of 10w30 or whatever you prefer in the 292 inline tower of power iron duke
      for sure an electric fuel pump - or a spare known good 292 mechanical pump
      fuel filter or 6 - who knows what the fuel tank looks like
      fuel line - 1/4, 5/16 and 3/8 - unless you know what size the fuel lines and trans cooler lines are.
      a couple brake line sized compression fittings and a small pipe cutter
      hose clamps of assorted sizes and shapes.
      couple universal radiator hoses that would fit goliath - with any luck they'll fit brutus too if you blow one
      Couple spark plug wires - heck a complete distributor with cap rotor and wires if you have a spare from Goliath along with a coil if you have a spare on hand.

some electrical wire, connectors, and crimping tool

one of those universal magnetic trailering light kits from harbor freight - best $9.99 I've spent - if you loose your tail lights you can wire those in pretty quick and stay legal and safe - I don't think you'll have a problem finding a place to put the magnets on brutus!

Don't forget to ask your lovely bride to bring a pair of nylons - after your romantic evening on Saturday - if there's anything left of them
      - they can be used as an emergency one size fits all fan belt.

Got a CB? that would add not only to the feeling of security - but also complete the vintage greatness of this rig.
      Last edited by milner351; August 26, 2011, 08:00 AM.
      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	seat cushion.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	857278
        Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Moon Pies
          Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
            I vote for a car trailer and something to tow it with.
            Tow a wrecker ?
            I don't think so Tim !!!

Comment

As anyone from the BSEAST FEAST can attest - I'm pretty sure we could get that beast on my trailer - that Jeremy so apptly referred to as "the aircraft carrier" but I sure hope there's no need for that.

Hauling home in a beast like that with your wife - that's hot rodding!

Do you know if the wrecker end of this wrecker actually works?

Seeing that big old dog with the crapifica strapped on it's back would be indeed - not an over statement here - EPIC.

Comment

Brian would probably enjoy it, but have a feeling the front of the mopar would not stand up to the wrecker sling.
                Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

John, the wrecker end of the truck is fully functional according to the dude I am buying it from. There is a handle that needs an adjustment he said, but the winches work, the cables are in good shape and the booms are good as well.

Neal, I tend to agree, except this baby doesn't even have the sling, it as the big steel T-bar you'd chain the front of the car or truck to and lift. It would MANGLE the car (which would not sadden me).

Brian
                  That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by nesabo View Post
                    Brian would probably enjoy it, but have a feeling the front of the mopar would not stand up to the wrecker sling.
                    Two problems solved in the same trip! His Ford discount PIN is just waiting for him - he just has to give me a call!

Comment

John, when that day comes, I WILL be calling, trust me!

I can't wait to put the big tug on that stump in my backyard, and lift junk right out of my basement with one of the booms swung out.

Brian

Comment

Brian you've inspired me to keep my old forklift and try to make it more reliable - I think before long you're going to be wondering how you got along without that big truck!

Just think - at the Lohne's barn raising party - you can use the truck to lift the walls into place - heck - maybe even set the trusses!

WIN

Comment

Shit man, we could have barn LOWERING parties with this thing. Hook each of the cables to a different supporting post and pull!

Comment

that's the spirit - use the truck to take the building down at one location - and build it again at your place! NICE!

(we moved a 2 car garage that was scheduled to be torn down by my friends excavating company - hauled it down the road on a lowboy trailer - poured a new slab - and set it down next to his Dads shop!)

Comment

brake fluid, as it has a leaking wheel cyl.. and a single pod master, gear oil, a grease gun, and grease all zerks..
                              check the carrier bearing, a chock block, fuses, wire, duct tape (works great on rad hose leaks, )
                              coat hangers for the exhaust that might fail.. flash light, tools, jack, jumper cables and last but not least, a BFH
                              also, bring anit freeze(or water) AND atf,, what you say, the truck is a standard,, yes but you'll have everything for the truck and that mopar will be the issue, as thats how mr murphy rolls..

oh and very important, a can of wasp/hornet spray..
                              good luck..
                              I'd also bring a small radio/boom box.. as 480 miles of big truck noise will get to ya..
                              Last edited by Stich496; August 28, 2011, 11:14 AM.

Comment

oh and your AAA card

Comment

Working...
                                X