Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The great BangShift Wrecker Recovery Mission Was a Success!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A wrecker.

You have a '68 Javelin sitting, screaming to be reborn....and you buy an old wrecker.

Procrastination much? LMAO.......looks like a clean truck from the pics, have fun with the trip.

Everyone else has pretty much covered the bases....I'd buy one of those el cheapo inflatable pool rings...your ass is gonna be BEYOND sore after the first 20 miles in that kidney-buster.

Comment

Originally posted by tiresmoke! View Post
      A wrecker.

Everyone else has pretty much covered the bases....I'd buy one of those el cheapo inflatable pool rings...your ass is gonna be BEYOND sore after the first 20 miles in that kidney-buster.
      LMAO!

Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

I would pay to see the look on the guys face when he comes to a AAA call and see's that beast on the side of the road.
        sigpic

Comment

give the tanks on radiator a quick wire brushing...

I remember actually working with this design to haul logs.
          the rear diff gets very very hot,
          and all cooling that needs to radiate has to be clean enough to do so.
          Previously boxer3main
          the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by Stich496 View Post
            ...I'd also bring a small radio/boom box.. as 480 miles of big truck noise will get to ya..
            Roger that - I went 5 hours in the bus at 53-60 mph WFO with a relay chattering and buzzing so loud it sounded like a car alarm... un-nerving to say the least. I didn't feel like checking on it because it was 30* outside and dropping.

Did anyone mention a fan? I'd get a cab fan.
            Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

You ought to get a trailer and haul Brutus back with Goliath. A final mission for the old boy.

Comment

Originally posted by tiresmoke! View Post
                A wrecker.

You have a '68 Javelin sitting, screaming to be reborn....and you buy an old wrecker.

Procrastination much? LMAO.......looks like a clean truck from the pics, have fun with the trip.

this is where I'd google the race fan air seats that you put on the bleacher seat, they may sell them at sports stores, bass pro shop,richs sporting goods,etc.. BRIAN it'll be the best 20 bucks you'll spend.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                  Roger that - I went 5 hours in the bus at 53-60 mph WFO with a relay chattering and buzzing so loud it sounded like a car alarm... un-nerving to say the least. I didn't feel like checking on it because it was 30* outside and dropping.

Did anyone mention a fan? I'd get a cab fan.
                  it should have vent windows, that he might have to hit with wd40.. but they are better than any fan..

Comment

He can get hemorroid rings at any drug store.
                    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
                      He can get hemorroid rings at any drug store.
                      haha, never knew of such a thing..

Comment

Apply liberally

Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Sweet leaping Jesus, one day away and I am thrashing to get all the stuff I need together.

Picking up a new fuel mechanical fuel pump from the parts store today (ordered last night) as well as a new coil, just in case.
                          Loosened the lugs on Goliath's rear tires last night to steal two of them
                          Gotten most of the tools I want to bring together

Still need to gather/get:

Duct tape
                          fire extinguisher
                          bailing/mechanic's wire
                          spark plugs
                          steal a couple plug wires off Goliath just in case
                          Oil
                          5-gallons of water (taking jug from my office)
                          Rags
                          Wire/wire connectors
                          electrical tape
                          boom box/radio
                          my bottle jack

Gonna be a late night getting all this crap organized tonight!
                          That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

I can't wait for you to start "beeping" with that GPS online thingamajig Chad found.

Comment

Dont forget safety triangles ,just-in-case , good luck

Comment

[QUOTE=Brian Lohnes;555439]Sweet leaping Jesus, one day away and I am thrashing to get all the stuff I need together.

Picking up a new fuel mechanical fuel pump from the parts store today (ordered last night) as well as a new coil, just in case.
                                Loosened the lugs on Goliath's rear tires last night to steal two of them
                                Gotten most of the tools I want to bring together

Still need to gather/get:

Duct tape
                                fire extinguisher
                                bailing/mechanic's wire
                                spark plugs
                                steal a couple plug wires off Goliath just in case
                                Oil
                                5-gallons of water (taking jug from my office)
                                Rags
                                Wire/wire connectors
                                electrical tape
                                boom box/radio
                                my bottle jack

AND Bottle of Jack for romantic evening at Motel 6 with the Mrs. ****

G
                                Phil / Omaha

Comment

Working...
                                X