Who wants to see a burnout?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who wants to see a burnout?

Got my car running this summer, so here's my first burnout attempt with it. Thing walked left on me right away, the manual steering isn't like the power steering was to correct that movement! I was so focused on that and was alerted by my shiftlight that I was at 6,500rpm! Shifted to 2nd, rode it out a bit...shift to third and let off the gas. Belt slipped a bit at the end. I shall do better next time! Just need some practice...

1970 Camaro RS - SOLD | 2000 Camaro SS - Traded in for a Hyundai...
    1966 Ford Thunderbird - SOLD | 1963 MGB, abandoned V8 project, FOR SALE/SCRAP

1978 Cutlass - Post Lay-off daily driver

Nice, I'm wanting to try that with my own car.
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Different angle and inside view of the twin V8 car, the tires are Nitto NTO5 Drag slicks 315/35/20 Note: The road is at a 10 degree angle and is 2300 lbs wi...

Comment

We had a deal on CJTV called Burnout Mondays that this guy who used to hang out here called Blackout Steve dominated forever.. Yannick may have him. Maybe Alex will ping Steve and we can compare the two videos?

It's good to see your Camaro burning rubber! That didn't take all that long... insipiring.
        Last edited by Beagle; August 27, 2011, 06:11 AM.
        Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Me in my Lincoln at the MOPAR nats lol
          Modified Mark VIII showing up some Mopars at Mopar Nationals in Heath, Ohio.

Oh and OP I am digging the the car I like the sleeper looks
          Last edited by Buckeye; August 27, 2011, 07:00 AM.

Comment

Here's my junk box

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye View Post

nice.

I have not had burnout capable in quite some time. It would be similar to the ops figuring it out...

testing the pavement's durability....
              Previously boxer3main
              the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

I don't why you bothered to hold the brake. That thing can roast the tires at 70mph.

I so want to do burnouts in my cars, but if I get caught by the popo I would be out of a job.
                BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
                  I don't why you bothered to hold the brake. That thing can roast the tires at 70mph.

I so want to do burnouts in my cars, but if I get caught by the popo I would be out of a job.
                  Had to set it up for a straight run!!! the street was like 10 deg sideways where i started.. or it would of launched left across the road..

I love these burnout videos, can't keep from giggling anytime i see one...we're such big kids!!
                  Last edited by yannick; August 27, 2011, 05:40 PM.

Comment

Hell ya!
                    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                    Last edited by yannick; August 27, 2011, 09:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                      We had a deal on CJTV called Burnout Mondays that this guy who used to hang out here called Blackout Steve dominated forever.. Yannick may have him. Maybe Alex will ping Steve and we can compare the two videos?

It's good to see your Camaro burning rubber! That didn't take all that long... insipiring.
                      Oh yes, I was a member of CJTV shortly after it started. Shame it didn't last, but we're here now, aren't we? Monday used to be a good day since my car didn't even have an engine at that time, all I could do is watch everyone else.

Originally posted by Buckeye View Post

I know, it's much faster than it looks...and I'm debating if I should keep it that way...

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
                      I know you were probably saying this to the other guy, but I held my brakes simply for some control. My car will roast them all the way to 3rd...but it gets a bit hairy.
                      1970 Camaro RS - SOLD | 2000 Camaro SS - Traded in for a Hyundai...
                      1966 Ford Thunderbird - SOLD | 1963 MGB, abandoned V8 project, FOR SALE/SCRAP

1978 Cutlass - Post Lay-off daily driver

Comment

LS engines have such an evil HOWL to them when prodded....LOL.

Thanks for sharing.....damn I miss BurnOut Mondays.

BlackOutSteve's '69 was pretty cool.....but IndyShiftman's '67 didn't need a lineloc to burn rubber, sitting or at speed. Several of us long-termers here can personally attest to that. That was one bad-ass machine.

'smoke

Comment

I think burn out Mondays is most defiantly something BS should have....

Comment

BY FAR that is my favorite body style Camaro... Yours sounds awesome!!!!
                            Check out KrazyFlake.com!! New pictures being added daily!!

http://www.krazyflake.com/gallery/index.php/

Comment

I don't know why, but I love the multi color panels on the Camaro.
                              BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X