Going prices in your region

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going prices in your region

Im going to sell the 71 400 sbc and the turbo 350 from my wrecked Olds.
    So what is tthe going price for a good running 400 sbc in your area. ( 70k ) its not the prettiest , oily with greasy old finned valve covers, with a 2bbl. never smoked and ran like a clock.

so whats the going price on a good working turbo 350, nice crisp shifts?

Any reconditions on the asking price on a 56 olds 324 rocket engine with 81k on it?

Not trying to sell hear, as I have people interested, just need to get some pricing.
    Reading , Pa
    Good Guys rodders rep.
    "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
    Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

around here, $500-$800 for the 400 sbc and $200-$300 on th350's
    formerly 1988montecarloss, 3198 posts
    http://bangshift.com/forum/member.ph...88montecarloss

Comment

if the buyer can hear it run, the 400 is 400-500
      the th350 is nothing more than a core,, 150 tops

Comment

Originally posted by 1988montecarloss 2 View Post
        that's about what I would expect around here... maybe a little less on the 400 cuz of the "I want an LS" tidalwave, like nothing ever ran strong before the LS.
        Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Older used auto trannies can be a tough sell for sure, people seem to be leery of just taking one and stuffing it in their own ride with out a throrough checkover, unless they are a really cheap bastid. LOL

Keep in mind too that the TH350 is only good for a Buick / Olds / Pontiac guy, different bellhousing pattern than the universal street rod engines (AKA small-block Chev). So to a lot of people that reduces the value as well. $150 - $200 tops is what I'm guessing.

cheers
          Ed N.
          Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
          07 Mustang GT with some stuff
          88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

Originally posted by 1988montecarloss 2 View Post

Yeah........pretty close for this neck of the woods

Lots of guys still prefer the 400
            Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Everybody that is interested has been around the Olds enough to know how it ran, some even drove the car "before the incident". Most of the guys told me they wanted the 400 if I decided to put the 324 back in it.
              As for the turbo 350, it is a sbc bell model (its bolted to the 400 ) I have 3 BOP bell t-350s that I cant give away as cores! They will probably go for scrap along with the 350 Poncho block and crank that are fresh from the machine shop. Nobody will even give me what they are worth in scrap weight.
              Reading , Pa
              Good Guys rodders rep.
              "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
              Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

I'd love the 400 cid for my Vette, but you're too far away ...

Comment

I've had a few th350 cores sitting around for years, no one wanted one until recently, and that was an exchange deal, and I gave it to a guy as a free good used transmission, he just had to promise to give me another chevy th350 back (which he did). A friend who rebuilds transmissions on the side was going to come out and buy some cores from me, he never did. I scrapped a bunch of transmissions last year,I think I had about half of my 16' trailer covered with them. I hated to do it, but gosh....no one wants them.

I haven't sold or bought a used engine for years, although I think a running 400 should be worth a few hundred bucks to someone who needs to get their old work truck running again. But if you live where there aren't any old work trucks being used, might be a tougher sell. I always figured a couple hundred for a running small block was a reasonable deal, and as you know price and how quick you can sell it are related.
                  My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

400 blocks can pull some coin on the dirt track / drag racing classifieds
                    Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Working...
                    X