I'm back!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm back!!!!

i havent had a computer for about 3 months now and finally have one again, not much car-related stuff has happened in my life other than i pulled the old motor out of the monte (ill make a separate post later with carnage pics) and sold a honda crx i had $180 invested in for $1100 only to find out that wouldnt be enough to get the monte running with a stock 5.3 or 4.8

the mustang still has a broken trans/clutch and im thinking of fixing it just to trade it off for a 79 malibu with an LQ9/4l60e in it that still needs some finishing up, or to sell it and dump the money from it into the monte on an ls swap of some sort

but anyway, whats this i hear about brian getting a tow truck?
    formerly 1988montecarloss, 3198 posts
    http://bangshift.com/forum/member.ph...88montecarloss

I figured you found a girl who made you abandon the site. Grin. Welcome back.

What's wrong with the trans? 1100 will put a Tremec in it. If the LQ9/4l60e is already wired for efi and trans controls, cool. Otherwise, that trans wants a 400.00 controller if you go with a carb.
    Last edited by Beagle; August 27, 2011, 05:46 AM.
    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Good to see you back, we get worried when one of the regulars isn't around!

cheers
      Ed N.
      Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
      07 Mustang GT with some stuff
      88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

welcome back.

I was out on a "medford road" not all that long ago, mostly dirt, went to take a right on the wrong road which did not lead to the abandoned train trussel. While speeding up again, I looked to the left and out of nowhere there is a black mustang with 1500 in the window sitting there in the woods.
        I thought of you for some reason...
        but your nick says milford not medford.
        Previously boxer3main
        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Welcome back to the madness
          Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
            I figured you found a girl who made you abandon the site. Grin. Welcome back.

What's wrong with the trans? 1100 will put a Tremec in it. If the LQ9/4l60e is already wired for efi and trans controls, cool. Otherwise, that trans wants a 400.00 controller if you go with a carb.
            it has no 3rd gear and sticks in reverse now and i have to push it out with my foot i had just planned on putting another t5 into it from another mustang

and yes the lq9 is still efi and comes with all the wiring/ecu, id just need to plug everything in and get the ecu retuned for the rear gears and to remove the VATS, right?

Comment

that's the way I understand it, and turn off the back of cat o2 sensors and the errors it'll throw when you turn them off.

Comment

thought you traded your computer for a microphone

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post
                  thought you traded your computer for a microphone

Comment

Go watch Blues Brothers - you'll figure it out.

Comment

Working...
                    X