Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beagle
    replied
    I think you'll need a lot of compression or pop in that 366 to scare old ladies. I offered to put mufflers on the burned out turbos dumped right after the cab 95 Lightning when I gave it to my mom and she threatened me with violence if I did.

I don't think weight is a concern here?

Did you get your credit card spending limit cranked up for the drive home? grin.

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied
    Thank you for refraining from calling it Mater.....

I vote BBC with a roots blower!!!!

Leave a comment:

• 70chevyC-10
    replied
    Originally posted by SSChevyManiac View Post
    I'll quit the site if that thing gets an OSU sticker on it. You know, you can't spell C_CK __cker without OSU.
    Good one - never heard that before -

Leave a comment:

• Scott Liggett
    replied
    Originally posted by BluLightning View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^^Must be a Michigan fan!
    OSU and Michigan. What fun. Us Cornhuskers are now coming to the party. Should be noisy.

Leave a comment:

• Brian Lohnes
    replied
    Originally posted by Caveman Tony View Post
    Brian--

If you're gonna yank stumps, I got two words for you: Cable weights.

It'll keep the energy & tension in those 40+ year old cables from killing anything important if they let go.

Can make 'em outta anything really.... Old tube socks doubled up, tied together with sand in 'em works pretty good. Used to use 'em on my jeep winch.
    Still have the ones I made in college when I had my 4 wheel drive with a winch on it, although if I snap these cables, I'm really doing something.

I don't want anyone or anything getting hurt, that is fo sho!

Leave a comment:

• hpa-bodies
    replied
    Friend of mine has a 427 tall deck that was run on propane. was a running motor when pulled. He said 500 bucks owns it. You want me to load it in the truck for this saturday? HAHA
    Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
    Called on a 366 engine today, would it be illegal to bring it home swinging from the booms on the back of the truck?

So in my mind, 300-320hp is where I am shooting for. There's a Canadian company that grinds cams for the 366. So a cam, porting the heads some, intake manifold, and headers should put the thing right in that ball park.

A tall deck 427 would be cooler.

***I know a 366 is a boat anchor, but I could give two flying poops. It is correct for the truck and I just want it to make sweet noise and scare old ladies. Yes, there will be exhaust cut outs. Rolling into a cruise night with the cut outs open and a semi-lumpy idle will raise some eyebrows.

Brian
    Last edited by hpa-bodies; August 28, 2011, 06:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Caveman Tony
    replied
    Brian--

If you're gonna yank stumps, I got two words for you: Cable weights.

It'll keep the energy & tension in those 40+ year old cables from killing anything important if they let go.

Can make 'em outta anything really.... Old tube socks doubled up, tied together with sand in 'em works pretty good. Used to use 'em on my jeep winch.

Leave a comment:

• Brian Lohnes
    replied
    Andy, I pray that it is solid. I'm depending on it to carry me 500 miles home!

Leave a comment:

• andy30thz
    replied
    Called on a 366 engine today, would it be illegal to bring it home swinging from the booms on the back of the truck?

So in my mind, 300-320hp is where I am shooting for. There's a Canadian company that grinds cams for the 366. So a cam, porting the heads some, intake manifold, and headers should put the thing right in that ball park.

***I know a 366 is a boat anchor, but I could give two flying poops. It is correct for the truck and I just want it to make sweet noise and scare old ladies. Yes, there will be exhaust cut outs. Rolling into a cruise night with the cut outs open and a semi-lumpy idle will raise some eyebrows.

Brian
    366 a boat anchor? Who cares?!?!? This thing ain't for dragracing anyway. I'd be happy with 250hp, but more torque! Is there a way to grind a cam to sound lumpy, but still make good bottom end?
    Although with the dumptruck/tow truck gearing....a 283 that will turn to 7000rpm might be more appropriate! You just have to take your time between shifts!

I'm sure if you put out a bangshift barn raising engine swap call, you'll get a ton of help! (since you like period correct I see a tree limb and a chain hoist...)
    But if it runs good as is...might be hard to break it apart! Is the sixxer solid, or does it need help?
    Will make a sweet cruiser that can have a function!
    Last edited by andy30thz; August 28, 2011, 05:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• IOWA552SLOW
    replied
    Originally posted by SSChevyManiac View Post
    I'll quit the site if that thing gets an OSU sticker on it. You know, you can't spell C_CK __cker without OSU.
    this has got to be one of the funniest things i have ever read on this site...lol sorry to hi-jack thread. resume tow truck talk. bad ass truck btw.

Leave a comment:

• Brian Lohnes
    replied

Brian
    Last edited by Brian Lohnes; August 28, 2011, 05:21 PM.

Leave a comment:

• HillbillySailor2
    replied
    Tell me where to get 'em and I will score a couple of those. COOL!
    Here ya go! :D

http://www.stickershoppe.com/mm5/mer...&Store_Code=SS

Leave a comment:

• SSChevyManiac
    replied
    Michigan, heck no. Penn State alum, hardly, I just graduated. It's all in good fun in the BIG10. The Chevy thing, well sorry haha. Can't help that.

Leave a comment:

• Buckeye
    replied
    Originally posted by BluLightning View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^^Must be a Michigan fan!
    man a Michigan fan and a Chevy lover too,....... Poor guy
    Last edited by Buckeye; August 28, 2011, 01:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Brian Lohnes
    replied
    I like the Popeye Brutus better anyway.

Hope ya like big blocks because it will get one of those.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X