No announcement yet.

Some more shots of Brutus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I may have one in the basement that came out of my 70 P/U - If I can find it you can have it.
    Phil / Omaha

Comment

Thanks to the interweb here's sme shots from CHiPs. Bad guy driving the tow truck looks for women broken down and robs them. Episode 1.02

Comment

Man, that's even the right vintage truck, but only a measly single boom.

Freaking cool as hell!

I need to buy or make myself a proper sling for Goliath. I can get the sling straps cheap enough. I have the T-bar, just need to make the top and bottom.

Winter project!
        Last edited by Brian Lohnes; August 30, 2011, 02:40 PM.
        That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

The tow bar on there without the straps is the right one for Brutus, they can handle more weight. You would just back the plate against the bumper of the truck or car to be towed and run the chains through the slots. If you decide you want the straps here's a link to a set http://www.awdirect.com/sling-straps...d-accessories/ I wish I still had my towing stuff, i probably had a half dozen Weld built name plates that went on the bodies and some other stuff from trucks we got rid of.

Comment

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post
            I may have one in the basement that came out of my 70 P/U - If I can find it you can have it.
            Couldn't find it Brian - sorry..........
            Phil / Omaha

Comment

what kind of straps do you need? I may still have some boat lift sling straps from the old boat hoist - not sure the specs on them but they were pretty beastly - I'll see if I can find them.
              There's always something new to learn.

Comment

John, for the time being, I am going to skip the sling. Like Wally said, the truck was intended to move stuff that a sling would not handle. Maybe it will be an "enhancement" for next cruising season.
                That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Working...
                X