Some more shots of Brutus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some more shots of Brutus

Getting amped up for the trip next week. I have a slew of photos from Rick, the dude I bought it from. I am going to run an introduction item on Monday about the truck, but here is another sneak peek!

I talked to Weld-Built, the company that made the wrecker apparatus on the truck back in 1968. They said they will send me all the data and manuals on it. The cool thing is that the wrecker body was a custom build with twin 15,000 winches. Normally they would have been 10,000lb jobs or a single 15, so this truck was spec'd out to have the strength to move some heavy junk!

The interior is insanely clean and the wrecker stuff is all in great shape as well. More to come on Monday!
    Attached Files
    That which you manifest is before you.

Looks very nice..one elderly owner maybe..from Pasadena?.

Twin 15000 pounds winches...yikes!!!!

Comment

Crazy, right!

Those are some beefy cables, to me anyway!

Comment

You should try to find a old car in a deep ravine,and try to pick it up..would make a great thread!!

Comment

Oh, I have like 20 "can I lift it/drag it/tow it" ideas already. A big ass stump is getting all 15 tons of pulling power when I get the truck to start.

Comment

Love it!
            The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Sounds like you could lift Rhode Island with Brutus!
              I'm probably wrong

Comment

I'm thinkin Brutus fits your personality
                Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Might be able to put it to use as a hurricane relief vehicle soon enough!!

cheers
                  Ed N.
                  Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
                  07 Mustang GT with some stuff
                  88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

interior is nice.. will you be able to sleep at all this week?
                    Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Not very much.

I can't wait to see it with the big rubber and white wheels on all four corners.

Comment

Dude - second job pulling out stranded motorists - might pay well enough to restore the jav to make noise again sooner instead of later - in all your free time that is.

two 15ks.... OOOGA BOOGA!

Just don't yank on that stump so hard that it breaks loose and rockets toward brutus smashing up that straight body of his!
                        There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Love that minty-fresh interior!
                          1967 Chevelle 300 2 Door Post. No factory options. 250 ci inline six with lump-ported head, big valves, Offy intake and 500cfm Edelbrock carb.

Comment

If you are going to call it Brutus I should send you a Buckeyes sticker for it then.

Comment

So long as one of the football players doesn't steal it (sorry, I had to) I'll gladly stick 'em on the back window!

Comment

Working...
                              X