No announcement yet.

Some more shots of Brutus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Andy, I pray that it is solid. I'm depending on it to carry me 500 miles home!
    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Brian--

If you're gonna yank stumps, I got two words for you: Cable weights.

It'll keep the energy & tension in those 40+ year old cables from killing anything important if they let go.

Can make 'em outta anything really.... Old tube socks doubled up, tied together with sand in 'em works pretty good. Used to use 'em on my jeep winch.
      Yes, I'm a CarJunkie... How many times would YOU rebuild the same engine before getting a crate motor?

Comment

Friend of mine has a 427 tall deck that was run on propane. was a running motor when pulled. He said 500 bucks owns it. You want me to load it in the truck for this saturday? HAHA
        Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
        Called on a 366 engine today, would it be illegal to bring it home swinging from the booms on the back of the truck?

So in my mind, 300-320hp is where I am shooting for. There's a Canadian company that grinds cams for the 366. So a cam, porting the heads some, intake manifold, and headers should put the thing right in that ball park.

A tall deck 427 would be cooler.

***I know a 366 is a boat anchor, but I could give two flying poops. It is correct for the truck and I just want it to make sweet noise and scare old ladies. Yes, there will be exhaust cut outs. Rolling into a cruise night with the cut outs open and a semi-lumpy idle will raise some eyebrows.

Brian
        Last edited by hpa-bodies; August 28, 2011, 06:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Caveman Tony View Post
          Brian--

If you're gonna yank stumps, I got two words for you: Cable weights.

It'll keep the energy & tension in those 40+ year old cables from killing anything important if they let go.

Can make 'em outta anything really.... Old tube socks doubled up, tied together with sand in 'em works pretty good. Used to use 'em on my jeep winch.
          Still have the ones I made in college when I had my 4 wheel drive with a winch on it, although if I snap these cables, I'm really doing something.

I don't want anyone or anything getting hurt, that is fo sho!

Comment

Originally posted by BluLightning View Post
            ^^^^^^^^^^Must be a Michigan fan!
            OSU and Michigan. What fun. Us Cornhuskers are now coming to the party. Should be noisy.
            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SSChevyManiac View Post
              I'll quit the site if that thing gets an OSU sticker on it. You know, you can't spell C_CK __cker without OSU.
              Good one - never heard that before -
              Phil / Omaha

Comment

Thank you for refraining from calling it Mater.....

I vote BBC with a roots blower!!!!
                Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
                1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
                1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
                1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
                1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
                1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

I think you'll need a lot of compression or pop in that 366 to scare old ladies. I offered to put mufflers on the burned out turbos dumped right after the cab 95 Lightning when I gave it to my mom and she threatened me with violence if I did.

I don't think weight is a concern here?

Did you get your credit card spending limit cranked up for the drive home? grin.
                  Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

I'm going to be interested to see what the mileage is.. Goliath is good for 10mpg in mixed driving. The truck will be running about 3K down the highway, barring traffic, so hopefully it does about the same. Hell, the damned carb is so small it can't move all that much fuel! HA!

Comment

How do you get a Penn State Grad off your porch?

you pay him for the pizza !

Brian , you need to buy that Autocar roll back from the " Wheels of Time show " , then you will have a real towing company! No more being beat up over crab grass!
                      Reading , Pa
                      Good Guys rodders rep.
                      "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
                      Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

Yeah, just getting reamed out by people with junked cars!

Someone that knows us from town sent my wife a message this morning asking to have his kid's car towed to a transmission shop.

Oh man is that ramp truck killer! I actually found an old 1964 White semi-tractor yesterday that is still on the job. The photos will run on the blog later today.

Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
                          Someone that knows us from town sent my wife a message this morning asking to have his kid's car towed to a transmission shop.
                          It begins.

Can I get a tow from Topeka back to Ely? Thanks.
                          Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Brian - you've GOT to run your site sponsor cherry bombs in a visible location on this thing - preferably with stacks and rain caps
                            There's always something new to learn.

Comment

It will have las bombas on it at some point, but no stacks. Not a fan of those on gas engines, but if it had a detroit in it, different story!

Comment

OK - I'll give you a pass on the stacks - surely it would be complex finding room for them amongst all the rigging on the back of this monster - side exit in front of the duals?
                                There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Working...
                                X