We're Back Fron Winston-Salem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We're Back Fron Winston-Salem

Thought I'd posted a thread about buggin' out to escape the storm but I can't find it so I guess I didn't.

Anyhow, ME and I and The Boys went to Winston-Salem (pretty close to the west side of the state) and holed up in the LaQuinta. Nice motel, BTW. Anyhow, we hung out with Luke (Redhotracing) and Ms. Luke (Greta, who is WAY preggo with twins) and their pups. King The Knucklehead had a great time wrestling with one of L&G's pups.

It was great to spend some time with them and see a bit more of Salem, which is an old Moravian town. There is a remaining section of the old town with buildings from the early 1800's.

Anyhow, we got back a couple of hours ago and pretty much all is well here. We have some vinyl siding that was pulled loose and I'm going to have the insurance company pay for the repair (how's THAT for lazy?). Mostly I want to see how a pro reattaches the stuff w/o pulling down the whole side of the house to interlock all the sections together. I know they have a magic tool but I never had much luck with it.

I was surprised that the yard isn't squishy (sorry, technical term) as it often does that in rainy weather. The Boys went out to do their stuff and came back with dry feet, which we didn't expect.

Dan

Good to hear all was good to go when you got back.
    Never good to be away when a storm hits.

I've got one of those handy tools to unlock vinyl siding......I've
    become pretty good at it.
    Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Good to hear you're fine. We high tailed it out of NJ, near NYC to PA. Had high winds and lots of rain. Back in NJ, no power. I guess we'll come home to a pile of rotten food, could be worse.
      Tom
      Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Our neighbors said we were w/o power for 20 hours - but we didn't care! Winston-Salem was fine with just a minor rain storm over night on Friday. Lots of tree shrapnel spread around here but nothing much more. We have a clump of willows in the corner of the yard and the one that was leaning is now on the ground. I'll fire up the trusty chainsaw and whiz that up tomorrow. It's only about 4" in diameter so no big deal. I wish they'd ALL fall over!

Tom - glad you got out of there. Hope things are OK in NJ.

Dan

Comment

Working...
        X