Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it me or has Top Gear America gotten pretty good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mater View Post
    becuase att he time the only afordable US cart hat was 12000 or less was a rebadbed toyota. the chevy aveo
    I thought the Aveo was a rebadged Dawoo?

Comment

Yeah, the Aveo is a Daewoo. It has the damned Daewoo stickers and junk on it under the hood.

I speak from experience. Chad and I have each effed up a couple rental car versions. It is our civic duty.

Brian
      That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
        Chad and I have each effed up a couple rental car versions. It is our civic duty.

Brian
        I'm probably wrong

Comment

close enough lol

toyota dawoo there both form asian countries

actualy i was thinking of the pontiac vibe
          Last edited by Mater; August 31, 2011, 06:45 PM.
          Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
          Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

For next season, I would like to see a Ford Fiesta as a replacement...

Comment

Is it because that Suzuki is the cheapest new car in America? Don't know, just asking.

I agree, it would be good to see a Furd on there. Doesn't the English show use a Chevy?
              That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

They did, Sea Sick Steve was the last driver of it.. now they have a Daewoo I believe.
                Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

no they use a kia cee apostraphy d
                  Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
                  Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
                    Is it because that Suzuki is the cheapest new car in America? Don't know, just asking.

I agree, it would be good to see a Furd on there. Doesn't the English show use a Chevy?
                    I thought they used it because it was the car no star would be caught in - or put another way, cheap rental car.
                    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by Mater View Post
                      no they use a kia cee apostraphy d
                      I knew it was a car Spidey would not be caught dead in...LOL
                      Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

The Brits have used a Suzuki, a Chevy, and a Kia. I'm sure they have had more but those are the only ones I've seen.
                        I'm probably wrong

Comment

I like it much better this year than last. Maybe car show will improve too if it makes it to a 2nd season

Comment

Well, it is obvious that I am in the minority, but I really do not like this show. I watched it a couple of times last season and a few times this year and see no real improvement. It is just silly, nothing of substance. And the acting....well I really wouldn't call it acting. I would like to see more substance and less fooling around. I mean who cares if you can push a Festiva faster than a Crown Vic? I thought something good was going to come out of the CTS-V thing, but even that was not as substantial as it could have been.

Comment

British "Star-Car" Vehicles:

1. Suzuki Liana (US: Suzuki Aerio sedan)
                              2. Chevrolet Lacetti (US: Daewoo Lacetti
                              3. Kia Cee'd
                              Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

I guess my point about the star in an affordable car is:

The Brits cannot make a good affordable car...

The US Top Gear could have put more thought into what car to use... Considering the revamps that have been done before the first episode ever aired...

I actually prefer the Car Show...

Comment

Working...
                                X