Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it me or has Top Gear America gotten pretty good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it me or has Top Gear America gotten pretty good?

The show is a whole lot better this season, in my opinion.

What say you?
    That which you manifest is before you.

They're starting to loosen up and get better at it. I hope they stick around long enough to get good.
    I'm probably wrong

Comment

agreed watching ti now
      Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
      Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

I'm not liking the new format as much but they are getting a bit better. I do like the "star in a car" layout better.
        Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Watching it now, last season was good, this season is good as well.

Comment

very stylish and they still let ferraris win

Comment

The Caddy wagon kicked the shit out of one tonight.

Comment

What channel is it on? I've been getting a kick out of the BBC version lately.
                I R Bob
                You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Originally posted by BluLightning View Post
                  What channel is it on? I've been getting a kick out of the BBC version lately.
                  History channel

I was thinking the exact same thing. Me and my buddy were discussing exactly that as we were watching it. I'm also looking forward to next week because after the HD truck episode, I said all that proved was Tanner can drift anything. We'll see next week if that's true.

Comment

They changed the intro to be different than the Euro version and it just feels like they stopped trying to be the other show. The guys seem way more natural and loose on camera as well. Hell, it is entertaining, about the only thing you can ask from a TV show. My opinion anyway.

Brian

Comment

I'm hoping they find their groove and ham it up some more.
                      I'm probably wrong

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
                        The Caddy wagon kicked the shit out of one tonight.
                        yup and beat the coupe by .2 seconds
                        Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
                        Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

Didn't catch tonights episode the first time, watching it now. They really are starting to settle in and make it their own, the guys seem more comfortable and natural with each episode now. I wish they would do something to liven up the test drive sections though.
                          Last edited by tedly; August 28, 2011, 11:32 PM.
                          I'm probably wrong

Comment

My wife actually enjoys watching it with me. We both end up laughing alot. Still have to watch last night's on DVR. I dig it!
                            1967 Chevelle 300 2 Door Post. No factory options. 250 ci inline six with lump-ported head, big valves, Offy intake and 500cfm Edelbrock carb.

Comment

Originally posted by 67pete300 View Post
                              My wife actually enjoys watching it with me. We both end up laughing alot. Still have to watch last night's on DVR. I dig it!

Same here. Michelle likes watching the US version too, we time it to be ready for bed when it comes on on Sunday nights.
                              Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Working...
                              X