Irene storm damage in Vermont pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irene storm damage in Vermont pics

At one point we were cut off from surrounding towns, but I managed to get out and get some pics when it calmed down.

This shed travelled about a quarter mile and ended up here.

These people had to be rescued from their car when it was washed off the road by fast running and deep water

This co-op farm had their entire crop washed away. Absolutely nothing left.

Andy, super glad to hear you are OK.

So sorry to see all the damage. You got it way worse than us!
    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

quite violent.

unusual path..

I spotted the wooden covered bridges from the 1800s washed away.

we got spared in bangor maine. usually don't.

just last year, when they claim its just a tropical storm as things go north, we got 3.31 inches in a squirt.

I guess they called this one good, but still 35 are dead.
      Previously boxer3main
      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Dang man that is bad! Hopefully all your stuff made it ok.
        I R Bob
        You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
        2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Originally posted by BluLightning View Post
          Dang man that is bad! Hopefully all your stuff made it ok.
          Yeah the house and shop are on higher ground, everything is good. Three or four covered bridges are gone, and major roads are closed due to being washed out or bridges gone. I had to get creative to make it to the shop, travel some dirt roads I've never been on through the mountains.

Comment

Andy,glad to hear you are ok! Thought of you when I saw the news!
            Catskills got it bad too.
            Last edited by antmnte; August 29, 2011, 07:37 PM.

Comment

Travelling back roads always has its benefits. This was moved from an area where there was high water I bet.

Comment

Hurricanes are the worst disaster known to man. Glad you're okay.
                Originally posted by TC
                also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

Wow, that's bad. Glad you're OK. We dodged a bullet sort of. We're on vacation in PA. Got some high winds and heavy rain and the lights blinked a few times and that was about it. Back home we're with out power, I'm hearing for a week. I'm going to take a trip home to clean out the frig and bring a few things to my brother who's short on water and some stuff to our elderly neighbor.
                  Tom
                  Overdrive is overrated

Comment

WOW! Vermont really took a beating, they mentioned Vermont got hit hard on the National News but I didn't see any pictures like this, I guess the News Media was tired of covering Irene by the time it hit you guys in Vermont and of course to them New York was the big story.
                    sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Comment

I'll take living in Tornado Valley any day.Wow.Hang in there and carry on.

Comment

Holy crap! I'm glad you and your family are ok. Wow...
                        I'm probably wrong

Comment

wow, glad you're okay (and glad the travelall made it through safe too).
                          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	State forest Road.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	83.3 KB
ID:	857353We just spent a week in southern Vermont on vacation. Left Saturday just in time to miss the devastation. Luckily the house we stayed at and the covered bridge very nearby were spared. Barely. This is the primary road used to get to the house. Good thing there is a dirt road backup.
                            1967 Chevelle 300 2 Door Post. No factory options. 250 ci inline six with lump-ported head, big valves, Offy intake and 500cfm Edelbrock carb.

Comment

Here is a link to cnn coverage including video of the flooding in Brattleboro which is near where we are staying and where we spent a few days. We were on the bridge shown in the video on Saturday. It was just a scenic babbling brook then.

What may be the worst flooding since 1927 turned communities across Vermont on Sunday into islands, as high, fast-moving waters swamped roads and shredded some of the state's iconic covered bridges.
                              1967 Chevelle 300 2 Door Post. No factory options. 250 ci inline six with lump-ported head, big valves, Offy intake and 500cfm Edelbrock carb.

Comment

Working...
                              X