No announcement yet.

Irene storm damage in Vermont pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Absolutely unbelieveable. We've been on a lot of of the roads, in some of the hardest hit areas on past Rod Runs. I can't believe how some of those roads are washed out and/or completely gone.

Hope everyone is able to completely recover
    1999 Power Tour - 3 Stops
    2006 Power Tour Long Hauler
    2008-2012 Northeast Rod Run

Comment

Andy - VERY good to know you and yours are OK and your stuff was spared. Holy cow - Water has amazing destructive powers, those shots hurt to look at - seeing history devastated is hard to see.

Sure hope this area can recover more quickly and with less corruption than Katrina-orleans.
      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Florida understands your pain .. glad you all are OK !

Comment

This sure is depressing pics.Glad you all are ok.Rivers that suddenly reach higher and faster,are mean.

Comment

the old hundred year storm

Comment

So happy to hear you are ALL ok! I don't think I would be brave enough to live "back east". You guys definately deal with dramatic weather back there. Stay Safe!

~gail
              That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

Andy -
                Glad you're OK. How close did it get to you?

Folks - I've been to Andy's place and the area is BEAUTIFUL. But harsh winters and now this.

Dan

Comment

No water close to the house, but at the end of the road it was a few feet. The road was eventually closed off.
                  This morning on the way to work I made it through just before another road closing. Guys coming in a little later were turned back and couldnt find their way in. It was reopened by the time I left work this afternoon.

Comment

To go with the rest, the Big Media wanted the Apocolypse Storm to hit NewYork City. Didn't happen. Those pics of Vermont, no they won't get that attention. And that's a shame, the way the media works, it's a shame. They all run to the biggest story, and if something else bigger happens, they run to that with their cameras as long as they can dramatize it.

Wow, what a real mess in Vermont. My thoughts and prayers.

I can only compare it to Hurricane Hugo, and the rural areas and properties and lives that were destroyed out in the country. So the media paid no attention. A heartless bunch, are the media. All about themselves and ratings. If they were bringing us all the news, they would bring it all.

But with the Hugo thing, we had no electricty for a very long time so we didn't know or care what they were saying anyhow. There were bigger things, more real things to be concerned about.
                    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Suggest you play "Dirty Laundry" on YouTube. Lots of insight into the news.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by LORENSWIFE View Post
                        So happy to hear you are ALL ok! I don't think I would be brave enough to live "back east". You guys definately deal with dramatic weather back there. Stay Safe!

~gail

I am glad you found a fake spot in your mind everything is spectacular where you live, and generalized an "entire east" like a typical californian.

bangor maione had one quick sprite of 48mph, all upper atmosphere and 1.9 inches of rain in squalls.

"entire east" is not applicable, the cyclone was very localized.

been watching from bangor maine and "entire east" silly statements for as strong as the 1790s house next to the tidal river.

would love a good tropical hit. one every 3 years is the average, forgetting too soon is the tragedy.
                        Last edited by Barry Donovan; August 31, 2011, 09:46 AM.
                        Previously boxer3main
                        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

VT and Albany, NY got hit pretty hard...

The Island got hit hard as well. However, we take it in stride... Except for LIPA moving at a snails pace... It could have been worse for NYC/LI... But it wasn't.

Comment

Originally posted by boxer3main View Post
                            I am glad you found a fake spot in your mind everything is spectacular where you live, and generalized an "entire east" like a typical californian.
                            Just got back in from surfing and I have a yoga class to get to, but I just saw your post and I gotta say this typical Californian feels suspiciously like she just got a spanking!
                            Sorry didn't mean to generalize, I was raised by my great great grandma who was originally from Napoleon, Ohio and she always called everything "back east". She also made Dandelion wine and gave it to the neigborhood kids in the summer

Gotta go - I have a gluten-free cooking class and then I need to work on my tan, there was a cloud this morning...

~gail
                            Last edited by LORENSWIFE; August 31, 2011, 03:23 PM.
                            That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

Working...
                            X