pretty good deal on HR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pretty good deal on HR

if you renew 3 years @ 24.95, they'll give you a chance to renew for one more year for 4.95... 29.90 for 4 years....

hope they don't go bankrupt - but that's a pretty good deal
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

DF talked some time back that they lose money on the subscriptions but they do it to get their circulation numbers up which is how that set advertising rates, where the REAL money is. So yes, it's a good deal for us but the mags make out in the long run.

Dan

Comment

I am trying to get rid of 33 years of car magazines ...

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post
        I am trying to get rid of 33 years of car magazines ...
        Bring them to lead east. i'll look for the nomad and buy some!
        58 Plymouth Sport Suburban. 526 cubic inches of angry wedge! Pushbutton shifted 9 passenger killer!!"

Comment

I jumped on that deal too.
          Take your old car mags to your local vets home. They love 'em!
          Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
          HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Was that an online deal or something they mailed out? I couldn't find it on their site anywhere.....
            Nitrous is like that hot chick with crabs. you want to hit it, you're just afraid of the consequences

Comment

it's not a good deal. it means more and more ads
              I'd rather pay more and get more stuff /tech/etc, than ads

Comment

i havent read a car magazine in years. all articles have a biased point of view. tech articles are just big advertisements. i did get a deal in the mail i think it was 3 yrs 22.95 with a free clock, after attending the pt kickoff. it might have been less. i figured what the hell. cheap enough. i got the cheezy ass clock monday. i also got the offer to add a 4th year but it wasnt that cheap. probably would come out to the same price for 4 years though.

Comment

Originally posted by Nik View Post
                  Was that an online deal or something they mailed out? I couldn't find it on their site anywhere.....
                  they sent out a mailer

and yes, I know, they have too many Fords, Model As, Ts, Mopars, Chevies, not enough of everything else, the occasionally put a useless import on their pages, their tech articles seem written by the kid that's fixing his Studebaker in my shop, and (worst of all) their editor wears flip flops - but it's still entertaining, and cheap entertainment at that
                  Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; August 31, 2011, 06:34 AM.
                  Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Here's some good deals on magazines - example Hot Rod 12 issues $8.00 = $.67 each.

Phil / Omaha

Comment

Working...
                    X