33 buick 86S HELP !!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 33 buick 86S HELP !!!!

Well its been a bit, but i had to come on here to request help.
    Though little progress has been done to the bugnotti, several interesting things have come my way.
    The company I work for has acuired several cars and bikes over the years.
    Two in particular have been sitting dormant for a while (11 yrs)

I recently started playing with the 57 series, got the motor freed, removed fluids, pan, and just slowly goimg through it. obviously i started researching the engines to little avail.
    Here's where it get interesting.

1933 Buicks;

Model # 57 (19,109 prod.)
    Job # 33509
    Body#17,104
    Trim#160
    paint#315

Model #86s (401 prod.) 1 0f 4 left supposidly
    Job #33-078
    Body # 74
    Body # 74
    trim #163
    paint #319 (marroon and gold pin ) black now

Hers my questions :
    A.) cant find rebuild kits past 35, where can I ?
    B.) what exactly to do with the 86 ?
    C.) how to contact a real collector?

Im not trying to make a buck, but i dont think my company is going to allocate the money needed restore it the proper way. I believe it should be in better hands. I mean even once restored, would you really want to drive it on public roads...
    I need a " Jay Leno " or similar to do whats needed, or a museum to preseve it.

Any help is much appreciated, at this point im just trying to get it out there, when you google a 33 *6s you dont find much.
    Leave her alone.
    0.00%
    Mildly restore her.
    50.00%
    Let her go to a better home.
    21.43%
    Rod the snot out her,damn the rarity.
    28.57%
    Last edited by CM325; August 31, 2011, 08:16 AM.

GREAT TO HAVE YOU BACK! hope all's well.

Didn't vote yet cuz i don't understand the vehicle yet.

I think Lohne's has an antique car part place near him that he's done stories on before - they would likely be able to help you or know someone who could.

As a last resort - if your company wants to find this thing a new home is to do your home work, take your pictures - and put her up on ebay with a high reserve - at least you'll know what the market will bear on something like this - and may find out information along the way.
    There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Comment

Where you at buickguy?

Comment

extra 345

Comment

here's the 50 series.

Comment

good to hear from you to milner.
              Im not sure what to do, Since its not my money, i wouldnt mind
              Getting her going, but then what ?
              Im not going to be t-boned by a teenager texting, on the three times a year it gets
              out. So I'm leaning more towards let it go to a collector or museum.
              Rod the 50 series, and put some into the Grand National hiding in the backround.

We'll see...

Comment

Holy Crap I'm envious, lustfull, and totally want to say "the hell with it" to the budget over those things!!

If there are really only 4 left I'd let it go to someone who's going to restore or at least get it drivable and leave it as a survivor. I think Egge makes stuff for those old Buick Master 6's. Do I see it correctly that you have a spare Master 6?

As for the more common Series 57, personally I'd rod it up like the old days (not period correct or any of that mess), take what you start with and build and adapt stuff onto it to make it work. Put a blower and EFI on the stock 6 with Ford 300 I6 parts. Back it up with an AX-15 out of a Jeep... you get the idea.
                Last edited by CTX-SLPR; August 31, 2011, 08:41 AM.
                Central TEXAS Sleeper
                USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

Thanks, CtX.
                  But, they're Inline 8's.
                  The 50 being, 230 cid.
                  The 80 being 345 cid.

Egge's has nothing but fluids, ive also looked at Kanter auto.
                  Hopefully brian can chime in with that store up in New England...
                  Brian ?

Comment

...and those inline 8s are still setting records at Bonneville - ask DG if they're fast ;). List them on either V8Buick.com, teambuick.com, or buicksofamerica.com. On the BofAmerica site, there are plenty of chapters near you that certainly would be interested in helping out. Alternatively, those are great cars to ebay because that gets a world-wide audience. I like the 57s (I even have a cowl from one that's a long term project - or something to jaw about), 86s aren't my cup-of-tea but are still way cool.

I vote mild fix up - specifically use some of the things we've learned about straight8s and race it
                    Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; August 31, 2011, 09:29 AM.
                    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

That 86s must have been a real factory hotrod for the time!

I don't know much about the I8 of that time frame, really intrigued by the Master 6 though. Either way save that rare car!
                      Central TEXAS Sleeper
                      USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

I am a weird person in some ways (well lots lol) but I have done the restore thing numbers correct etc... with a 26 chevy with my family when I was younger and also a few others. me if I had them I would fix the paint (pealing etc... big dents) put in a 401 with dual quads and a 4 speed and drive the balls of them lol but I am sick in the head that way. as for parts our 26 we had to have custom pistons made etc... loads of fun there but unless it is an old ford they do not make a ton of resto parts for cars from the 20's/30's
                        way kool though good luck and welcome back

Comment

so....the 86s is a three window coupe. Ahhhh.....that's what we needed to know. And the 57 is just another old four door.

The coupe would be really neat with a hopped up early 50s buick 8. It's a good looking car, and I assume from the outside appearance that the wood is still in useable condition? I'd leave as much of it alone as possible, and make a unique traditional rod out of it. Restore the parts that are too far gone, or swipe parts from the 4 dr. You could probably get away with some red oxide primer on the front of the fenders where they're messed up, but don't do too much bodywork.
                          My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Thanks guys.
                            Super, Im right on that thanks for the help. I'll get it on those soon. I'd love for geek to chime in.
                            I know hes done a lot on fireballs in that super 8 they race on the salt.

Jay, thats kinda what ive been worried about.
                            Not to excited about one off pieces, we'll see.
                            I take it all in stride.

Squirrel, right the coupes way cool and beautiful, the sedan eh... the difference is the sedan was on the road in the early 80's, plus its not that rare. Im getting my feet wet with it. slowly dissasembling it in the car. might pop the head of and remove the lifter guides and pushrods this after noon.
                            The sedan has a smaller engine, not much swaps internanlly.
                            Obviously im in no big hurry, theyve sat here for awhile 10+ yrs., and it's taken close to three years for me to get ballsy enough to just do it.
                            The sedan had red oxide all over it, took a while to get it off with laquer thinner. the places where the paints missing on the coupe are where it had bad dents, took the better part of a day to massage them out. I couldnt bring myself to spray it afterwards.
                            its in climate control, i fixed those last fall and theyve no surface rust.

Again thanks guy and please keep it coming. Id rather be swamped with info than none at all.

Comment

The coupe is a hellofa neat looking car, my Pop's first car was a 32 chevy - it had similar vents in the hood side - but only thre per side - it was a inline 6 not an inline 8.

I'd do all you can to keep that inline 8 functional and the rest of the car as original as is reasonably practical.... and get it on the road as a survivor - I don't think I'd loose sleep about 12v electric etc, but keep that engine and as much of the original coach work as possible.

neat cars!
                              There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Working...
                              X