No announcement yet.

WTF's wrong with the English language?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I say look at the bigger picture. That Spanish speaking fellow works on cars, same as you and I.

But what do I know, I'm a foreigner.
    1997 Ranger 5.0L HO, GT40 heads/tubular intake, 65mm TB, 1.7rr, B303, Tri-Y headers, dual 2.5" exhaust, Flowmaster mufflers, T5 trans, Tri-Ax shifter, CenterForce Dual Friction clutch, 8.8 Traction Lok 3.55 gears, Cobra 13" front brakes, Cobra 11.65" rear discs.
    1997 Mustang GT
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nik View Post
      SBG, I think you reading something into this that isn't there. He's not saying anything about the illegals, he's just saying if you come to this country, at least learn the language. And when you say everyone before was illegal, I'll call BS on that one, my grandparents were sponsored to come over here from Finland, in fact, I have a pic of the boat they arrived to NYC on. They moved here for the chance to better themselves and to become AMERICANS. Not Finnish-Americans, just Americans and all that that name implies.

"In the first place we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the man's becoming in very fact an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag, and this excludes the red flag, which symbolizes all wars against liberty and civilization, just as much as it excludes any foreign flag of a nation to which we are hostile...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907
      no mistake, I'm fairly certain that those very immigrants didn't learn American before they came.... nor did the Puritans learn the native language before they came here. So really, welcome to the 20th century, if you can't speak at least 2 languages, you'll be severally handicapped.
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by tedly View Post
        Usted nunca ha tenido una casa con ruedas?

Si, tenemos una traila preciosa!
        That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

Alguien deberia decirle que la mujer no existe una formula unica todos!

Solo unos pocos utiles frases en espanol para todo el mundo.

Edit: those didn't turn out that well, I'll stop now.
          Last edited by tedly; September 1, 2011, 03:23 PM.
          I'm probably wrong

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
            no mistake, I'm fairly certain that those very immigrants didn't learn American before they came.... nor did the Puritans learn the native language before they came here. So really, welcome to the 20th century, if you can't speak at least 2 languages, you'll be severally handicapped.
            I'm thinking it's the 21st Century? I have absolutely no need to learn Spanish so I'll take the handicap, Thank You!
            sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Comment

I speak English, sarcasm and Southern drawl. I don't need any more than that.
              Last edited by catchmeblue70; September 1, 2011, 03:24 PM.
              Who needs sugar and spice and everything nice? I'm a Southern girl - give me cars, guns and whiskey on ice. ~Mrs. Remy-Z

Comment

I'm fluent in Smartassery.
                I'm probably wrong

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                  but they learned to and did not insist stores have a spanosh speaking worker to acomidate them
                  Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
                  Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

Alguien deberia decirle que la mujer no existe una formula unica todos!
                    Someone should tell that the women doesn't exist in a unique formula?

Solo unos pocos utiles frases en espanol para todo el mundo.
                    Only a few useful qoutes in spanish for the whole world

Edit: those didn't turn out that well, I'll stop now
                    Eso no salio tan bien, ya no seguiere mas.
                    Last edited by LORENSWIFE; September 1, 2011, 04:03 PM.
                    That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

I'm fluent in Smartassery.
                      I am good at sarcasm and I know alot of bad words...

Comment

Someone should tell that the women doesn't exist in a unique formula? -
                        "Someone should tell that woman that one size does not fit all" - is what it was supposed to be. Google translator failed me.
                        I'm probably wrong

Comment

too political for me ...no comment

Comment

Originally posted by Mater View Post
                            but they learned to and did not insist stores have a spanosh speaking worker to acomidate them
                            B
                            I
                            N
                            G
                            O
                            we HAVE a WINNER...

Comment

Learn the god damn language. I would never visit, or even worse, consider living anywhere unless I spoke that native tongue. When people in my neighborhood speak no English at all, it offends me to no end the efforts my parents made when they moved here.
                              Last edited by groucho; September 1, 2011, 04:53 PM.
                              STUGOTS

Comment

In Paris a taxi driver would not move the car until I said Eiffel Tower in French.

Comment

Working...
                                X