No announcement yet.

WTF's wrong with the English language?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tough is and understatement on this thread!!!!!!!!!!!
    Danny/Zachary
    HRPT '08 LH, '09 Days 6 & 7, '10 LH

Comment

Aaron, you're right, for once, they didn't learn it before they came over, but they sure as hell did once they arrived. They did so out of respect and appreciation for what this country offered them. How dare you tell me that I, as an American, should learn another people's language because THEY want to live here.

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
      no mistake, I'm fairly certain that those very immigrants didn't learn American before they came.... nor did the Puritans learn the native language before they came here. So really, welcome to the 20th century, if you can't speak at least 2 languages, you'll be severally handicapped.
      Nitrous is like that hot chick with crabs. you want to hit it, you're just afraid of the consequences

Comment

Have you tried decaf Groucho?
        I'm probably wrong

Comment

Originally posted by Nik View Post
          Aaron, you're right, for once, they didn't learn it before they came over, but they sure as hell did once they arrived. They did so out of respect and appreciation for what this country offered them. How dare you tell me that I, as an American, should learn another people's language because THEY want to live here.
          no one is making you learn a foreign language, since when is it a right contained within any constitution that says a person must sell to you? oh wait, maybe... nope, I just checked - now where does it say that a muffler shop has to sell to you - let alone talk to you - or sell anything to you. I strongly suspect that if that same muffler shop owner was at your house looking to buy a car you'd figure out how to communicate with him.

However, my point - to clarify - if you want to get ahead in this world, you do learn a foreign language. If that means that when you come to America and people won't buy from you because you don't speak english - so what? let them starve. But get mad at them because they want to starve? nope, I have better things to do.
          Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; September 1, 2011, 08:10 PM.
          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

no one is making you learn a foreign language, since when is it a right contained within any constitution that says a person must sell to you? oh wait, maybe... nope, I just checked - now where does it say that a muffler shop has to sell to you - let alone talk to you - or sell anything to you. I strongly suspect that if that same muffler shop owner was at your house looking to buy a car you'd figure out how to communicate with him.

However, my point - to clarify - if you want to get ahead in this world, you do learn a foreign language. If that means that when you come to America and people won't buy from you because you don't speak english - so what? let them starve. But get mad at them because they want to starve? nope, I have better things to do.
            nope i would not even bother to try and sell the car to them. if they want some thing from me they can speak to me in my language. just as if i tryed to buy soem thing from spain i would at least attemped spanish
            Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
            Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

Aaron, that was even more nonsense than what you spoke before. This is AMERICA, and it's bleeding heart liberals like you that are reshaping it into a world our Grandparents would be ashamed of. That quake they just had on the East coast? That was caused by our forefathers rolling over in their grave at what has been allowed to happen from our present government's ineptitude and desire to be so politically correct, that the actual CITIZENS of this country are suffering. I sincerely hope we get this "well spoken" baffoon we have as commander in chief out of office and get someone in who will make the difficult decisions that need to be made. We have allowed this stuff to happen for far too long, and it's not going to be easy or pretty, but changes WILL have to be made in order to right all the wrongs the apathetic sheeple have stood by and watched happen.
              Nitrous is like that hot chick with crabs. you want to hit it, you're just afraid of the consequences

Comment

This has gone from slightly amusing to just plain sad.
                I'm probably wrong

Comment

Originally posted by groucho View Post
                  Learn the god damn language. I would never visit, or even worse, consider living anywhere unless I spoke that native tongue. When people in my neighborhood speak no English at all, it offends me to no end the efforts my parents made when they moved here.
                  I can only imagine this is how it is for Groucho........

Comment

Originally posted by Nik View Post
                    Aaron, that was even more nonsense than what you spoke before. This is AMERICA, and it's bleeding heart liberals like you that are reshaping it into a world our Grandparents would be ashamed of. That quake they just had on the East coast? That was caused by our forefathers rolling over in their grave at what has been allowed to happen from our present government's ineptitude and desire to be so politically correct, that the actual CITIZENS of this country are suffering. I sincerely hope we get this "well spoken" baffoon we have as commander in chief out of office and get someone in who will make the difficult decisions that need to be made. We have allowed this stuff to happen for far too long, and it's not going to be easy or pretty, but changes WILL have to be made in order to right all the wrongs the apathetic sheeple have stood by and watched happen.
                    ever wondered WHY your grandparents learned the language? I know why mine did - so they could get a decent job. It's why education is important - so that you're able to speak in someone's language besides your own. If you're too blind to recognize that education can make a vast difference in the earning potential of someone; well, then you're pretty much stuck. But do continue to entertain me with your rantings, and ravings.

And ted, it is pretty amusing...
                    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

That was my point you wingnut, they HAD to learn the language in order to get a job. Now we have to press 1 in order to get phone prompts in English? This is why I hate getting into discussions with people like you, you're not smart enough to grasp what is being discussed and end up trying to make up an argument that wasn't there. Like Groucho said, you're an ####head. I hope that exposing your own stupidity was amusing for you, cause that is all that you accomplished.

ever wondered WHY your grandparents learned the language? I know why mine did - so they could get a decent job. It's why education is important - so that you're able to speak in someone's language besides your own. If you're too blind to recognize that education can make a vast difference in the earning potential of someone; well, then you're pretty much stuck. But do continue to entertain me with your rantings, and ravings.

Comment

Groucho (I think...) we're just ####ing with you. Of course anyone in a business should speak a little of the local language.
                        I speak a couple languages, but I would rather speak English to a French person, because I feel like a retard screwing up their language, or having some crazy accent.

I like to poke fun in threads like this, because many of you Americans lose sight of a bigger picture, and it's pretty cute from a distance.
                        1997 Ranger 5.0L HO, GT40 heads/tubular intake, 65mm TB, 1.7rr, B303, Tri-Y headers, dual 2.5" exhaust, Flowmaster mufflers, T5 trans, Tri-Ax shifter, CenterForce Dual Friction clutch, 8.8 Traction Lok 3.55 gears, Cobra 13" front brakes, Cobra 11.65" rear discs.
                        1997 Mustang GT
                        sigpic

Comment

This is what kills me: If someone doesn't agree, then they are subject to personal attacks. This is where it stopped being even remotely interesting or entertaining and went straight into the realm of just damn sad. "You don't agree with me, so you must be an idiot and you are destroying this country." Any credibility or persuasiveness was lost at that point.

Just freakin sad.
                          I'm probably wrong

Comment

Originally posted by tedly View Post
                            Have you tried decaf Groucho?
                            No, but I'm up smoking some crack. Does that count? I'm taking off for the weekend soon....to a town where they speak ENGLISH.
                            STUGOTS

Comment

So, if you do realize that an education is so important, why does it seem you don't seek one for yourself? Hey, just askin.
                              Last edited by groucho; September 2, 2011, 05:26 AM.
                              STUGOTS

Comment

My Granparents/Parents learned the language (WELL) because THAT'S WHAT YOU DO WHEN YOU MOVE SOMEWHERE! A long lost value. When I was a kid, I'd ask my Mom why she didn't teach me to speak Italian? She said, you're in AMERICA, not Italy.
                                STUGOTS

Comment

Working...
                                X