No announcement yet.

WTF's wrong with the English language?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTF's wrong with the English language?

My parents were so proud to be American, they learned the language so well that they have ZERO Italian accent. I went to 3 muffler shops today and NOBODY spoke any English at ANY of them! AAAARGH! I don't hate foreigners....but learn the God Damn f*cking language!!!!!!!!!
    STUGOTS

I hear ya.
    Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

I agree, I'm tired of feeling like a foreigner in my own country. All of my grand parents were like your parents. They all learned the English language and spoke it with there kids. None of my parents spoke the languages of there parents. And the part that really pisses me and my wife off are new comers who bring there retired parents with medical problems to this country. They get fast tracked citizenship schools to get them to pass, then they get medical coverage free with premium prescriptions while vets from this country don't.

Did you know if some one from another country comes here and claims they are mentally handicap, they don't have to take a citizen test to become one? Then they get everything handed to them. Yes sir this is a great country!

OK let me get off the soap box.
      Tom
      Overdrive is overrated

Comment

i hate it as well. it's sad when you are passed over for a job for some one that can speak a diffrent language and has less qualifications

if i ever moved to a diffrent country you bet i would try and at least beable to make every day conversation
        Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
        Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

at one time ,people came here and had respect for this land and what it stood for..
          today, they fly the flag of the country they left, and bitch about your american flag..
          oh, and they understand and speak english,, it's just to their benifit to act like they don't

Comment

Hey! I don't speak wetback. You don't speaky english, I take my business elsewhere. I don't think there is a tire shop or lawn service left that has english speaking employees in our area.

Comment

Thanks a lot guys, I was having a pretty decent day till I read this thread, now I'm really pissed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Groucho, you live in California, you are a minority!

I live in mid-state Illinois so all the businesses around here are English speaking but there are still plenty of people that know how to milk the system out of everything they can! Just stop and think (those that are old enoiugh to remember) how things were only 20 or 30 years ago compared to now, it's reallly sad!
              sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Comment

Load em all up and ship their asses back. And I have one in particular that I wanna dropkick back to China. If you move here, you better learn the damn language, customs, etiquette and how to fit into OUR culture. You wave the AMERICAN flag because you gave up the right to call another one your own. Bowling Green is a refugee city for some effing reason and I hate it. I don't think we should be letting people into the country, people that abuse the system and all their newfound liberties, when we can't even take care of the people we have.

End rant.
                Who needs sugar and spice and everything nice? I'm a Southern girl - give me cars, guns and whiskey on ice. ~Mrs. Remy-Z

Comment

I received this in an Email this morning, the Doctor that actually wrote this signed his name and Department and the Clinic where he works but I deleted that information. I know this goes on but I didn't realize it was $1,500 per child per month.

Bread Winner...
                  I was speaking to an emergency room physician this morning. He told me that a woman in her 20s came to the ER with her 8th pregnancy.
                  She stated, "my mom told me that I am the breadwinner for the family."
                  He asked her to explain. She said that she can make babies and babies get money for the family. It goes like this: The grandma calls the Department of Child and Family Services and states that the unemployed daughter is not capable of caring for these children. DCFS agrees and states that the child or children will need to go to foster care.

The grandma then volunteers to be the foster parent, and thus receives a check for $1500 per child per month in Illinois.

Total yearly income:
                  $144,000 tax-free, not to mention free healthcare (Medicaid) plus a monthly card entitling her to free groceries, etc, and a voucher for 250 free cell phone minutes per month. This does not even include other welfare programs..

Indeed, grandma was correct in that her fertile daughter is the "breadwinner" for the family. This is how the ruling class spends our tax dollars.

Is USA a GREAT COUNTRY or what...Australia is much the same.
                  Don't forget to pay your taxes!!!

There are a lot of “Breadwinners” depending on you.
                  Last edited by Grumpy; August 31, 2011, 09:57 PM.
                  sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Comment

Donde esta el bano?
                    Last edited by tedly; August 31, 2011, 09:28 PM.
                    I'm probably wrong

Comment

you would not believe how many of those "breadwinners" are here in michigan. or "unemployed" people that "can't" (more like fefuse to) find work

being on unemployment for 5 years you eather have a seriuse issue or your just abusing the free ride
                      Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
                      Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

Groucho, you should know that north hollywood nearly all mexican now. All the shops are filled with spanish speaking only employees.
                        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

una cerveza por favor, puta.
                          I'm probably wrong

Comment

una cerveza por favor, puta.
                            Tedly! such launguage!

Anybody from California would remember the saying Viva La Raza.
                            Ceasar Chavez when organizing migrant farm workers used a slogan "Heulga-Viva la Raza", this roughly translated to "Strike- for the People". The Chicano community continues the use of this phrase "Viva la Raza" today and at one time stated the way they will get back California is by procreating until they are the majority, this is now coming to fruition. The word Gringo is Spanish slang for foreigner. So if you are being called a Gringo you are being called a foreigner in your own country...

Nothing stays the same we are all in constant flux.

I have an employee who worked really hard to get her citizenship and does speak very good English, she has a beautiful daughter and is not on the dole so there will always be rules and exceptions to the rules.
                            We are all challenged to give each being the benefit of the doubt...

~Gail
                            Last edited by LORENSWIFE; September 1, 2011, 08:12 AM.
                            That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

I just got back from another muffler shop. No peeky de inglase. I'm gonna do it myself.
                              Last edited by groucho; September 1, 2011, 09:30 AM.
                              STUGOTS

Comment

Working...
                              X