Name:	imagesCA83Y1VD.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	11.2 KB
ID:	877858Click image for larger version

Name:	imagesCA22R76E.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	5.7 KB
ID:	877859

So what exciting plans does everyone have for Labor Day weekend?
    Last edited by LORENSWIFE; September 1, 2011, 08:36 AM.
    That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Party at my Brothers on Sat.
    Avoiding Family Reunion on Sunday.
    Probably a cookout with Neighbors and Friends on Monday.
    Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

I live less then 120 miles from Lucas Oil Raceway (Indy) so I need to get off my Arse and go over and watch Friday or Saturday night Qualifying, like I said I ought to? other then that just work around home with the traditional cookout on Monday, the Hot Rod is loaded and tied down in the trailer but there's no place to go, what a shame!
      sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Comment

Changing a timing belt.

Comment

1. recover from this week - if I can get through closing time Friday without punching somebody - it's going to be a miracle.
          1a. catch up with my wife who's been gone all week
          2. get out on the ski boat - live up to promised ski runs for neighbors, and tubing runs for a friend's son
          (he needs the humility - he was especially cocky on the tube behind the pontoon)
          3. get some work done on the ranger - install driveshaft with spacer, fix trans cross member to align drivetrain in chassis, exhaust pipes off hedman headers at least long enough to prevent melting wiring harness (again), trans cooler lines (again), ign coil, battery, positive battery cable routing (under engine mount to prevent header melting issues?) get skinny tires mounted on skinny welds for front, confirm fitment of hoosier 27s on rear
          4. get some work done around the house and shop
          There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
            1. recover from this week - if I can get through closing time Friday without punching somebody - it's going to be a miracle.
            1a. catch up with my wife who's been gone all week
            2. get out on the ski boat - live up to promised ski runs for neighbors, and tubing runs for a friend's son
            (he needs the humility - he was especially cocky on the tube behind the pontoon)
            3. get some work done on the ranger - install driveshaft with spacer, fix trans cross member to align drivetrain in chassis, exhaust pipes off hedman headers at least long enough to prevent melting wiring harness (again), trans cooler lines (again), ign coil, battery, positive battery cable routing (under engine mount to prevent header melting issues?) get skinny tires mounted on skinny welds for front, confirm fitment of hoosier 27s on rear
            4. get some work done around the house and shop
            That is quite the itinerary! I know some of you have ski boats...years ago we did too, and I bought this horrible float behind the boat thing that we know call "the Tube of Death". It is shaped like a beer can and it floats on its side. It is too wide to really wedge yourself into so you are really hanging on for dear life. Because of the shape the water rushes in through the front and tries to wash you out of it. Even the kids got to where they wouldn't ride in it, I would give it to you for the "cocky friends son" if I could...I wish I had a picture!

~gail
            Last edited by LORENSWIFE; September 1, 2011, 09:28 AM.
            That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

Gail! Oh man - those things are BRUTAL!!!! We have one "luxo tube" which is a three seater - with backrests - sort of a rounded triangle shape - that is actually fun to ride in - and not painful - unless the captain decides to get down right nasty at the controls of the tow boat.
              We have two of the traditional tubes with nylon wraps that cover the bottom so you can't "fall through" - those are the ones I plan on putting "Mr cocky pants" and proceed to put him into a few death rolls :-) I will make sure his life jacket is good and tight!

Don't let that list fool you into thinking I'll actually FINISH any of 3 or 4.... we'll just have to see what this iffy weather does - and how the tank of motivation is doing. Rhonda's been travelling a lot lately - so - when she's home on weekends to watch Lee, that's the only shop time I'll get.
              There's always something new to learn.

Comment

1) Doing some burnouts
                2) Catching up with a friend who lives in Chicago now
                3) Sleeping in..... zzz....
                4) BBQ with the family

Comment

If everything goes right, I'll have all the parts I ordered for my '99 Z28 by this weekend, then I'm just going to bite the bullet and bare the heat and install new KYB adjustable shocks, new brake rotors and pads on all four corners, install new front wheel hubs, and install a TA Performance girdle cover on the rear end.........Yap it's going to be a wrenching weekend for me........

Comment

Working all weekend =/
                    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Randal used the "W" word! Wash his mouth out with dangerous nitromethane.

I'll keep plugging away at the shop. Hope to have all the welding done so I can get the storage box unloaded and get my driveway back and my work areas set up, but probably not all this weekend.

Good luck, John!

Dan

Comment

Laying in the hammock and job hunting
                        Who needs sugar and spice and everything nice? I'm a Southern girl - give me cars, guns and whiskey on ice. ~Mrs. Remy-Z

Comment

Husker football game party tomorrow afternoon at the house, mostly family - Sunday yard work - Monday cruise the old truck down to Septemberfest car Show maybe.
                          Phil / Omaha

Comment

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post
                            Husker football game party tomorrow afternoon at the house, mostly family - Sunday yard work - Monday cruise the old truck down to Septemberfest car Show maybe.
                            college football for sure, but the huskers? come'on. starting tonight. football, football, football, and more football. saturday is work at home, sunday is a local carshow that i am showing along with judging. another show on monday, not sure on that on yet. would like to start siding my house this weekend, but i don't see enough time for that. maybe next weekend.

Comment

Baltimore Grand Prix on Saturday. Watch the Indy Cars practice, and check out the ALMS race. If the weather cooperates, go back for the race on Sunday. If not, go shooting and tune-up my latest squirrel killer, a Ruger 10-22. Maybe kill some skeets. Grill prodigious amounts of meat all three days. Enjoy an adult malt beverage (or three). Cut the grass. Kiss my wife and tell her for the 10 millionth time why I'm the luckiest guy on earth. Hang my new flag. Do anything that requires real effort and gives me satisfaction, that doesn't feel like work. Pray for, and give thanks to, the backs of all those that my current standard of living is built on. Think about how to leave the next batch of crumb snatchers better off and thinking better of their forefathers than they might otherwise. Not sure what to do with the rest of the time.
                              "First I believe if you keep the RPM's high enough, ANYTHING is possible." PeeWee

Comment

Working...
                              X