Do people not get your program???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CaminoKid View Post
    So am I reading this right,they left all of the rolling assembly intact in the motor.
    Yup. Just over adjusted the exhaust valves on the cylinders not in use so they didn't seal up all the way and pulled the plug wires off the those spark plugs. Lifters and rockers were doing their thing on all 8 cylinders. TONS of parasitic losses, and it showed. Chad and I were hoping for at least 75mph =/
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

• It really doesn't require a rear end cooler or an Oil preheater.... if your looking for that last second tenth of a thousanth on the 2nd qualifying lap at Talledega... some of those things are interesting and offer a margin of both perfomance and reliablity.... but we really blast our junk for 5 miles and let the results be what they are....

This might sound weird or boastful.... but it's not intended that ...... We simply don't seek the last 5 miles per hour... they just cost to much and are to big a pain in the ass..... what we do is grab records that we can put 15-30mph on.... it's not really cherry picking... we know what our junk runs with X hp and we let it eat.... We simply won't leave the house to put 10mph on a record.... it's just to close...

K

Comment

• Walt: spoken like someone blessed with true rationality, steeled in math.

Here's my take.

Our demographic (mostly males who like shiny metal) has a certain percentage of folks who can't see the 'big picture'...

And that 'big picture' is that our hobby is becoming endangered by those who TRULY don't get it.

So many factions in our hobby... so little unity against those that would have us all driving a friggin' Nissan Leaf.

Dammit.
        Yes, I'm a CarJunkie... How many times would YOU rebuild the same engine before getting a crate motor?

Comment

• I dunno if I am buying that Tony. Yeah, there is niche stuff all over the place, but when there's a cruise every two weeks where more than 2,000 classic/hot cars show up to and mingle about happily, it paints a different picture.
          That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

• BTW, just finished the exhaust last weekend!

Yes, I'm a CarJunkie... How many times would YOU rebuild the same engine before getting a crate motor?

Comment

• Nice!

Comment

• Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
                I dunno if I am buying that Tony. Yeah, there is niche stuff all over the place, but when there's a cruise every two weeks where more than 2,000 classic/hot cars show up to and mingle about happily, it paints a different picture.
                True.

I was kinda thinking of those who bash donks, ricers, imports, and generally all non-manual gearbox-V8-powered stuff. And conversely, that percentage of donk owners, ricer & import owners that bash rat rods, street rods, lawn-chair shows, etc...

My point to those that I can't reach with my limited comm skills: Enough bashing. We need to bash those that would legislate us out of existence, or who would rather see us not exist as a hobby.

(My lamenting of various racetracks going bye-bye is a sad side note, one that's not totally unrelated... LA County Raceway... Riverside... and my home state has NONE.. )
                Last edited by Caveman Tony; September 8, 2011, 07:49 PM.

Comment

• Seekonk Speedway baby! (But I totally get your point)

To butcher another phrase, I may not agree with a donk, but I would fight to the death to allow someone to build one.

(Donk Hater = me)

Brian

Comment

• If it has wheels and a motor..........I get it
                    Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

• What does it take to make a dragstrip a state or national park? ....I.E., when knuckleheads move in next door to a 'strip, then complain about the noise... then the downward spiral begins... and the real-estate developers start salivating... See where I'm goin' with this?
                      Last edited by Caveman Tony; September 8, 2011, 08:28 PM.

Comment

• I like it, Tony. Detroit Dragway should have been a National Monument (like Mt. Rushmore) instead of an industrial park. Let's look into this!

Dan

Comment

• Mufflers sound good Tony, I like it.

Walt - BB in a Mason Jar - good one.
                          Phil / Omaha

Comment

• interrupting this semiserious discussion to say "Tony, your truck sounds badass!"

carry on.
                            www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

• my point, that (maybe because of my wording) was the rant , about not getting it.. and bashing donks,imports,tarrs,rat rods..
                              and I believe I said this in a few post.. is the same as people not "getting" or CARING about the 2 cyl record run..
                              I'm as guilty as everyone else about bashing different cars in the hobby, mostly imports, as I see them as not a bad thing in the hobby but a bad thing to the "made in usa" thats slowly die'n.. but thats not a subject that can be worded here, so..
                              TONY gets it..
                              to many got on the band wagon and yaya keith we hear ya, we get it.. but as soom as a pic. of a muscle car done up in a way that most wouldn't build, it'll get blasted, same with a full sized chevy from the mid 70's thats got 26" wheels and nicer paint than most of our cars.. or the 68 vette thats now on a 76 blazer frame,
                              sorry I find it Ironic, to GET IT, if anything outside your build style is a target of bashing threads..
                              AND surprisingly (not) I got handed my @$$ for pointing out this IRONIC idealism..
                              yes I come off as a grumpy bastard, cause frankly ,I am, I'm sick of being sick and told to try this then try this then over and over, does it make it right, nope.. but I'm blunt, I say what I mean and use no policitally correct filter .
                              most don't like it, as they've been acustom to the p/c yes men of the last 20 years..
                              the day you have to change the way you are to fit in, you've lost being yourself, tomany have lost
                              Last edited by Stich496; September 9, 2011, 11:18 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X