Snap on ... replacements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
    That's easy. I'd like to see you assemble a tube amplifier. Oh, wait.....that's right....
    Done! Built an AX-84 tube amp for my wife's guitar rig. Yes, it's a simple single ended design but it rocks (need to upgrade her speaker and cabinet though, first draft isn't so pretty and uses a cheap speaker).

I also built a few of the different Gyraf Audio DIY preamplifiers. They're solid state but quite a bit more complex than the AX84.

How's come these threads always turn into a "what's my resume" discussion????? LMAO
    www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

I don't know nuthing bout usin no tools. Let's see....in the last month I overhauled the engine, transmission, rearend, carbs, and speedometer on my 55 chevy. I'm sitting next to the Heathkit TV my brothers and I built when I was 11
      My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

I love you guys..... Pure and simple......

I'd say Marylynn and one of you would whip it out and start taking measurements....

You guys really do rock.... seriously.... Your simply reliable....

K

Comment

Originally posted by KeithTurk View Post
          in 1976 my tool box was stolen.... I'll grant you it wasn't much... but it was my world..... My brand new wife gave me a $20 bill and said to do what I could.....

I went out and bought Cheap Taiwanese tools.... a socket set... wrenches, couple of hammers and some pliers... even spent the better part of 4 bucks on some Vise grips...

Later graduated to Craftsman and it was just fine.... but all along I hung out in Pawn shops searching for and buying any cheap Snap-on anything I could find..... took years to fill out sets... and more years before I could affort to buy sets....

All tools work.... it's what you do with them...and how happy they make you..... I dig my tools... they are a sign of my success to myself.... don't care if others dig them.... they are "mine".... bout that simple...
          I agree.

my first stuff was stolen, as just a kid. I do recall it was quite the drama. First car in the yard, I even built my own snowmobile.
          A calling with no father influence at all.I am almost an abuse story when it comes to mechanicals... I don't need to say much about what its right and works.

I do go to napa today if I need something specially good, a one piece at a time deal. The rest is a pile of junk for light work. I did have a second and third time of my stuff stolen.. was basically all craftsman, and toolbox to go with it.

you ASE or financed guys into the pro realm, it ends up being worth it paying a bit more.
          Previously boxer3main
          the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek View Post
            Done! Built an AX-84 tube amp for my wife's guitar rig. Yes, it's a simple single ended design but it rocks (need to upgrade her speaker and cabinet though, first draft isn't so pretty and uses a cheap speaker).

I also built a few of the different Gyraf Audio DIY preamplifiers. They're solid state but quite a bit more complex than the AX84.

How's come these threads always turn into a "what's my resume" discussion????? LMAO
            because your answers are the first line in a google search

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post
              because your answers are the first line in a google search
              Got an example, Rip Van Winkle?
              www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                I don't know nuthing bout usin no tools. Let's see....in the last month I overhauled the engine, transmission, rearend, carbs, and speedometer on my 55 chevy. I'm sitting next to the Heathkit TV my brothers and I built when I was 11
                A classmate of mine in HS built a Heathkit color tv back in1963 or so. He comes home one dy from school and has no picture. Out comes the manual and test equipment. A couple of hours later his father comes home and asks what are you doing. He says "no picture", dad replies the whole eastern seaboard except Staten Island NY is blacked out. We were disconnected from the grid for service that day. Most of the TV transmitters were out of service.
                After college he wound up working for Bell Labs. The phone company before the breakup.

Nick

Comment

Working...
                X