Rain at Weeville

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rain at Weeville

Good gosh. I mean, really. Gyah. I've poured 8 inches out of the rain gauge already and it looks like the ocean's coming on the radar.

I went to town earlier today and water's overwashing the road in some places, like people are backed up wondering if they should drive through that or not. Heck, just go, it's not THAT bad. Close, but not THAT bad. There are some mighty angry creeks and streams in this area.
    Last edited by pdub; September 5, 2011, 12:43 PM.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Good luck to you two. Hope the streams stay mostly in their banks. I was surprised that Irene didn't flood us out but it went a bit north of us here so we just got a nice rainstorm w/winds.

Forgot to add - we're scheduled for some rain over the next few days but probably no downpours and we NEED the rain. Hope the forecast holds.

Dan
    Last edited by DanStokes; September 5, 2011, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Looking at the radar, and the whole east coast is green. It looks like it's going straight north, a 1500 mile long rainstorm. It hasn't let up here since I woke up this morning.

Comment

I know weather's pretty boring stuff for a thread topic, unless you're in it.

But it just keeps raining. About 10 inches now, according to the gauge. We're okay where we are, watching all the water go down the hill. past our house.

It occurs to me, I don't think I've ever seen so much rain in a single spell in my life. Good gosh, so much rain.

I'm starting to get mildly concerned about which path to take to work in the morning. Roads might be washed out. I mean, this is a flood.
        Last edited by pdub; September 5, 2011, 03:15 PM.

Comment

So being the brave weather warrioris we are, we went for a walking tour of the neighborhood. But first we had to dress for it:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Flood 001.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	857476

This is Mouse Creek, down at the bottom of the hill, where all the water goes when it flows past our house. Mouse Creek is about 300 yards away from where we took this photo. It's usually about 10 feet wide.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Flood 002.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	857477
          Last edited by pdub; September 5, 2011, 04:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by moparmaniac07 View Post
            Looking at the radar, and the whole east coast is green. It looks like it's going straight north, a 1500 mile long rainstorm. It hasn't let up here since I woke up this morning.

I like to see it.
            bangor once again is getting piddled on instead of a real burst. I hope at least a good squall comes through. Irene dropped barely 2 inches.

This place is as crazy as the storms that get "everybody" and "entire east coast"..an island all its own not getting much of anything. Even boston gets pummeled once and awhile.

too much rain and not enough.. I'd go with too much. that austin story with all the houses burned. yikes.
            Previously boxer3main
            the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Working...
            X