Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Wants It? The Javelin Needs to Go to a BS'er Who Can Finish it

Ok, you read that right.

Tom asked me today if we were going to use Brutus to drag the Javelin across the yard. It hit me at that point that I have had this car for a couple years and made virtually zero progress.

Soooooooooo, with that in mind, here's my proposition.

1.) I'll give you the Javelin, the disassembled 360ci AMC motor and the beautiful Weisco pistons and forged K1 rods. I'll even tow it up to 400 miles to get it to someone who is committed to seeing it evolve into something other than a shell with a roll cage.

2.) You trade me something back (preferably a 366ci or 427 tall deck Chevy truck motor)

It sucks to do this, but it sucks worse to look out at the car in my backyard and shake my head at my own inability to progress on it day after day, week after week, month after month, year after year.

I'm dead serious about this, so you be too. Reply if you want it, stay mum if not.

Brian
    Last edited by Brian Lohnes; September 6, 2011, 08:10 AM.
    That which you manifest is before you.

I got a blown trailer tire and a lost ratchet strap in getting that thing up to you and your going to quit ? after just 2 years of no progress? You my man have just became the husband your wife knew she could turn you into! LOL just kidding , REALLY . A mans gotta know his limitations. Somethimes we just have to focus on just a few less things and not spread ourselves too thin .Year ago I got rid of two 3/4s of chevy trucksI was going to make into a tow rig , sold the junk and bought the Lt1 wagon.
    Last edited by Dan Barlow; September 5, 2011, 08:08 PM.
    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Brian's Javelin 005.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	857478

Here's a picture of the day we delivered it to John Force Racing, I'm sorry I meant to say delivered it in front of John Force Racing!
      sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Comment

i could buy a running 366 for $300 right now, got any pics of the javelin? if i can sell the motor out of my mustang within a few days and buy the notchback that i found and have enough for the 366, ill buy it and trade you for it
        formerly 1988montecarloss, 3198 posts
        http://bangshift.com/forum/member.ph...88montecarloss

Comment

oh boy!!!!
          Jeremy George in Windsor NY

Comment

I can snap photos tomorrow of the car as it sits now.

Basically it is a rolling shell with non-functional doors (just skins welded shut), a roll cage that needs to be cut out and replaced, and a steering wheel.

Comment

I've though about it with my Camaro, but I have WAY to money invested to not see it through......If it gets you what you want then I see no reason not to do it.........

Comment

My investment in the Jav bascially breaks down to:

The AMC motor -$250.00
                The fuel/hotels to go to Erie and get it - $250.00

A 366/427 truck motor workable core seems to be a 500 buy in most places so it made some sense to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy View Post
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]4683[/ATTACH]

Here's a picture of the day we delivered it to John Force Racing, I'm sorry I meant to say delivered it in front of John Force Racing!
                  I remimber it to be a fairly worm winters day in Brownsburg!
                  Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
                    I can snap photos tomorrow of the car as it sits now.

Basically it is a rolling shell with non-functional doors (just skins welded shut), a roll cage that needs to be cut out and replaced, and a steering wheel.
                    Dont forget a seat that isn't bolted down.
                    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Seat hit the trash about two years ago.

Comment

Not surprising. It made me itch.
                        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

tow it down to seakonk speedway

Comment

steel is 260 a ton, just say'n

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierL98GTA View Post
                              I got a blown trailer tire and a lost ratchet strap in getting that thing up to you and your going to quit ? after just 2 years of no progress? You my man have just became the husband your wife knew she could turn you into! LOL just kidding , REALLY . A mans gotta know his limitations. Somethimes we just have to focus on just a few less things and not spread ourselves too thin .Year ago I got rid of two 3/4s of chevy trucksI was going to make into a tow rig , sold the junk and bought the Lt1 wagon.
                              I was about to cry until I read this and then I laughed so hard I cried. Thank you for that.

I can't believe you don't have any time after a FT job, announcing, journaling, kid co-raising, and trying to keep the Trusty Wife happy. I'll say this though - I've spent at least two nice new cars in storage fees for junk I'll probably never get to finish. Maybe it's the right thing to do. (Sigh)
                              Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Working...
                              X