found some old pics of my 74 k10 laugh at it lol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• found some old pics of my 74 k10 laugh at it lol

ever clean out the hard drive on your computer and find things you forgot was on there?

well i just foudn some pics of my old 74 k10 *shutter*

well actualy the truck was not that bad the issue was the guy compleatly lied about every thing on it. i actualy found a motor mount bolt missing and every bolt on the transfercase crossmenber was loose among other issues.

like the 283 that was claimed to be a 350 at least he was right about it having 4.10s front and rear

when i first got it home i managed to get it stuck.... in my back yard on grass with no reverse

behold the over spray

no idea what this is any more but it's a big glob weld of something to something. the car did not work the truck had 2 throttle settings (why it was stuck) on and idle

the truck had 44 boggers it had 31s when i got it hence the cut fender. it also had a 2" lift

12 bolt

dana44

still no idea where the seats came from originaly i actualy liked them

replaced the holley with a eddy 500cfm i had kicking around manual choke

both doors where brand new ones form LMC truck.... for an 80's body style (why there are extra holes in the door)

best exhuast ever!!!! center exit duals tied to the hitch with a wire hanger

it did look nice form a distance

untill a rock hit the driver bed side. the whole bed side was crafted out of bondo it was actualy impessive becuase he was able to mold in the factory wheel well flairs

but yeah i over paid i was nto worried about the body of the truck and during the test drive it drove fine. i think the guy replaced the engine and trans before i got it oh well. made a profit on it and sold it back tot he guy i bought it from lol
    Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
    Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

44s on 1/2 ton axles... Snappy. Umm.. I know by experience that 44s will fit only with a 4" lift and a huge amount of trimming (to the body line crease.... wish I had a picture of the truck I did that to - it had similar bodywork. My brother was driving it, hit a bump (I was following) and the entire side (being made of bondo) came off in a sheet. Another brother story - the only straight thing on the entire truck was a mis-matched tailgate. then he shot it....
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
      .... then he shot it....
      with a spray gun or a 12 guage?

Mater, I had a 68 Ranger for a while that made your 74 look MINT. Thanks for sharing!
      Last edited by Beagle; September 7, 2011, 04:19 AM.
      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

9mm
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

all i know is that the tires use to be bigger lol

it really was nto that bad of a truck. the frame was solid and straight and had the heavy dudty transfer case. just the body engine and trans was crap lol

for more LOLs here are the engine specs form what i could find out

283 or 285 what ever the small v8 was in the 80's chevy had (i forget)
          mid 70's big chamber small vlave smog heads i am guessing it had 8:1 compretion it was probably lower
          a single plane torket II intake early 80's vintage when i guess the truck was first put together
          the most mild cam i have herd. the even set at a low RPM it never loped just idles smooth

when i plugged it into engie anilizer it showed 180hp and 242tq max power was at 4,000RPM the trans shifted at 5,000 you could feel it nose over before it shifted

the truck was also a Mutt. it started life (or at least the cab) as a 2wd short bed 350 4bbl 4speed trans 4.10 geared a/c radio delete chyanne 10.

some time later it was put on a long bed 4x4 frame and a 700-R4 was put in
          Last edited by Mater; September 7, 2011, 03:34 PM.
          Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

With an engine swap it would make a nice winter beater up here.

Comment

i wanted to put my olds small block in it at the time though i did not have the money to mess with it. i was also realy pissed off becuase of all the things i was finding out about it. like the engine being swapped after i test drive it before i bought it.

so i sold it. this was back in 2009. still can not belive i made a $400 profit on it selling it back to the guy i bought it from lol
              Last edited by Mater; September 7, 2011, 06:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mater View Post
                i wanted to put my olds small block in it at the time though i did not have the money to mess with it. i was also realy pissed off becuase of all the things i was finding out about it. like the engine being swapped after i test drive it before i bought it.

so i sold it. this was back in 2009. still can not belive i made a $400 profit on it selling it back to the guy i bought it from lol
                He probably realized he left his stash in it after he sold it to you. lol.
                BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Look an Edelbrock Carb with "Weber", right on the side......

Comment

yup there was also "carter" casted in as well.

the eddy logo is just a tin thing held on by 2 screws

i bought a carter supertuning and perfomance book and it covers the AHB carb and talk about how it was made by weber for carter

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
                      He probably realized he left his stash in it after he sold it to you. lol.
                      probably 3 weeks later it was for sale agian this time with a blown up 700-r4 and a 305 from a 90's TBI truck for $400

i alsmost bought it back just to say i got it for -$100 and compleatly confuse people

Comment

Originally posted by Mater View Post
                        yup there was also "carter" casted in as well.

the eddy logo is just a tin thing held on by 2 screws

i bought a carter supertuning and perfomance book and it covers the AHB carb and talk about how it was made by weber for carter
                        Got to love it, Carter made by Weber, repacked by Edelbrock...........

Comment

seeing as eddy bought carter and the tooling makes sense to me i see no problem

Comment

Working...
                          X