Texas Speed.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas Speed.......

Any of you guys know anything about them??, I'm interested in their Torquer V3 camshaft for a Cam swap on my LS1 Camaro......Have any of you used their stuff and what do you think about their camshafts....

Texas Speed & Performance is your one-stop shop for all LS and Gen 5 LT1 & LT4 performance parts and engines! We are among the largest LS and Gen 5 LT1/LT4-specific shops in the country, and we machine and assemble all of our engines, camshafts, and Precision Race Components cylinder heads in house! We also have a complete line of Texas Speed & Performance crankshafts, connecting rods, rocker arms, long tube headers, exhaust systems, and more. Come by for a facility tour, or check out our facility tour online!

This is a dyno graph of the Torquer V3

And this is a dyno graph of their baseline pull.(Stock LS1)

I like how the Torquer matches the stock power curve in the lower RPM's up to about 3600..... then from 3700-4500 the stock cam makes a few more ponies, but then above 4500 the Torquer takes off to the tune of 499hp at 6600rpm without looking back!!!!

I've been looking at a lot of cams they all seem to have that dip in the mid range, but this one is the only one I've found that matches the stock power under 3700rpm and still makes 500hp..... So what do guys think, good choice??
    Last edited by TC; September 7, 2011, 02:53 PM.

tell you what, you buy one and let me know. been looking at there set-ups as well. i wanna do a cam swap on my gto along with a few other goodies. i have seen several good reports on some other forums. they also do mail order tunes, and since i am a long way from a dyno or shop that can tune for me, i may have to go that way as well.

Comment

Originally posted by IOWA552SLOW View Post
      tell you what, you buy one and let me know. been looking at there set-ups as well. i wanna do a cam swap on my gto along with a few other goodies. i have seen several good reports on some other forums. they also do mail order tunes, and since i am a long way from a dyno or shop that can tune for me, i may have to go that way as well.
      I actually snaked those dyno pulls from LS1GTO.com.......They compared a bunch of cams....Here's the link....

All the cams have the dip in the midrange compared to the stock cam, but they say that is normal with all the bigger cams....The Torquer was the only one that make about the same HP and Torque below 3700, which makes me believe that this cam would be a great street cam......

Comment

Working...
      X