No announcement yet.

Happy Birthday to Kenneth Howard......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Birthday to Kenneth Howard......

It's Kenneth Howard's birthday better known as Von Dutch. He would have been 82.
    58 Plymouth Sport Suburban. 526 cubic inches of angry wedge! Pushbutton shifted 9 passenger killer!!"

I can just imagine him today making posts on a forum today...that would be a real trip. I've read Pat Gahnal's book on him. I'd love to read the stories that weren't published wether true or not. What a colorful guy he was. What a great loss.
    Tom
    Overdrive is overrated

Comment

sigpic

Comment

What I find surprising is many people have no idea who the man was or what he did.

When I see someone at car show or cruise night wearing either a Von Dutch hat or tee shirt I ask them if they know is real name or what he became famous for?

They look at me and say something like he has a clothing chain or he designs clothes. What a shame.

Jimbo

Comment

When I worked at 1960 Indy 500 winner Jim Rathmann's Chev dealer ..there was an early seventies Indy car in the showroom ..as I walked by it ..I saw the flying eyeball on the corner of wing ..on the nose were the words VON DUTCH IS STILL ALIVE ..on the fuel tank was VON DUTCH TEMPE,ARIZONA

the other indy car in the showroon was their delphi irl car that enron was an associate sponsor , the dealer ended up like enron
          Last edited by SpiderGearsMan; September 16, 2011, 08:09 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X