Major Power Outage Across SoCal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Major Power Outage Across SoCal

Huge power outage is covering south Orange Co. south to Ensinada, Mexico; and from the ocean to Yuma, AZ. The San Diego evening commute should be thrilling with zero functioning street lights in the city.
    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Trade with ya. We're under water. One of my guys has his basement wall collapse; he measured 12.5" of rain in 24 hours.
    The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Wow, I hope you survive ok....that's gonna be rough on both of you

Things are fine here, for now....
      My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

This outage isnt effecting me in LA, but is definitely in Loren and Gails neighborhood.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

So is Groucho in the dark?
          Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

my friend in Temecula said he has power but his wife working in Escondido said there wasnt any there
            Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

We warned California that we'd turn off the power if they boycotted us..........

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
                So is Groucho in the dark?
                Groucho is always in the dark.......

Comment

Did THAT MANY folks in LA smoke up too much and forget to pay the bill?
                  Yes, I'm a CarJunkie... How many times would YOU rebuild the same engine before getting a crate motor?

Comment

Nope. Some Arizonian power company worker pushed the wrong button.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
                      Nope. Some Arizonian power company worker pushed the wrong button.
                      And it was on purpo........I mean accident........

You think messing with Texas is bad, wait till they get a load of us....

Comment

That was just step one, the next step is to trigger the explosive bolts holding it to the continental US...........
                        Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

That will teach you guys to let the trainee to play with the switches
                          Danny/Zachary
                          HRPT '08 LH, '09 Days 6 & 7, '10 LH

Comment

I was on vacation yesterday so I was at home! My guardian angel is always there for me. Loren had a few problems getting home but not too bad, he did stop and hoard ice and beer on the way home though. Man was I glad I was not downtown!
                            Loren and Gail are ready for Armegedon, we have a 7500 gal water tank that feeds the property on gravity when the well pump is out, we also have a huge Honda generator, several head of hoof stock and some chickens. All my stupid little solar path lights that Loren makes fun of, came in handy, I guess they aren't so stupid afterall.

My TV station had to shut down due to cooling issues and we had to do the news from the Cable company's studio.

My sister was texting me that she thought terrorists were going to force us all to READ for entertainment!
                            Power came back on at 2a
                            Last edited by LORENSWIFE; September 9, 2011, 10:15 AM.
                            That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

it's interesting quiet the world is when the power goes off.

Gail, I remeember you saying you worked in the news world. What do you do now at the station?
                              Last edited by Scott Liggett; September 9, 2011, 10:29 AM.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X