No announcement yet.

BS Thread...( waste of time )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doug.... I know you took Pictures..... SHARE ....

Comment

Total cost of Gas welding aluminum outside of the Jeweler's torch.... is 10 bucks.... here's the junk you mix with water and use as a brazing flux.... This is my second or third attempt doing it on my own.... I won't say it's as hard as learning to Hover.... but ....

Comment

So are you going to post a video of the trucks so I can comment on how it sounds?

When are you leaving for Topeka, tubby?
        Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Tony's Truck? ( I just heard about it... never saw the video... but I'm sure it sounded good )....

Tonya and I leave in the morning... I'm really getting excited about it.... DRAG WEEK ... one of the best weeks of the year for us...we love doing it...

K

Comment

Lon mentioned the $384 dollar challange.... it's actually a ride we've decided to call "Dirt Cheap".... here's a note I sent to one of my bud's about it...

...here's the deal....

Put your money away.... and ride for less then a bike payment.... ( defined
            as 384 dollars ) All money spent to include the bike, food and lodging.

November 4-6 in Tennessee's best riding roads.... a little dirt... a little
            winding road and a bit of actual 2 lane country roads.... we're riding
            three loops... one per day and staying in a fairly cheap motorcycle inn...
            Deeep in motorcycle heaven....

First day... 125 miles of gravel roads at the start of the Trans America
            Trail

Second day...a loop around the famed "Tail of the Dragon" and the Cherohalla
            skyway

Day 3 will include a bit of semi high speed riding... ( read a bit of 55mph
            road )... and an over land trip on the Blue ridge parkway to Maggie
            Valley.... culminating in a personal visit through the Wheels through time
            Museum.

There is absolutely No reason to do this trip other then to prove to society
            that we don't need money to have a great time with good friends riding
            motorcycles on the cheap.

Keith

Comment

Sorry I thought you said Tonya's truck... My bad. Carry on.
              Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

ok Turk,
                heres the 61 Pontiac Wagon
                and here is the 62 4 Door

found a few more while up north, but I like these 2, but the wife says I can only have one.
                Reading , Pa
                Good Guys rodders rep.
                "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
                Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

I like the wagon..... Just dig long roof stuff....which one you leaning towards?

Comment

Leaning towards the wagon, even though I like the 3 on the tree, 6 cyl.of the 4 door. I just love 61/62 ponchos , my dream car is a 61 Ventura, but no luck in my price range.
                    Reading , Pa
                    Good Guys rodders rep.

Comment

Patience my dear.... Patience

Okay I'm over that thought too.... it's time... what about Craigslist search engines?

Comment

Most of them could use some rebuilding these days... They start to lose a cylinder now and then...
                        www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

the wagon is very cool. id have to ditch the chevy though.
                          im out of work and its been raining which effects most of my projects. today the sun came out and i washed and detailed my beater liberty. i washed it one time and i never waxed it since ive owned it. i compounded, polished, and waxed it. i was tempted to black out the peeling steel wheels today, but didnt. yesterday i detailed the inside and cant believe how it came out. the funny part is, im going on a little off road and camping trip with it in 2 weeks. maybe it will be easier to clean with fresh wax...

Comment

Originally posted by ls7gto View Post
                            ok Turk,
                            heres the 61 Pontiac Wagon
                            Doug - So why isn't this sitting in your garage or are you waiting for someone else to buy it so you don't have to choose between the two? All that it needs is a set of 8 lugs and blackwalls.
                            Last edited by Grumpy; September 9, 2011, 03:27 PM.
                            sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Comment

Just found out i can fishtail dads' riding mower. Typical him~big $hit eating grin followed by knock that $hit off and mow the yard.

Its getting dusty out, haven't stopped sneezing for a half hour.
                              Jeff
                              Follow My Build

Comment

Grumpy, I Hope to go get it next week.

ditch the chevy, that is the stock Engine ! They also have impala frames, perfect for a guy who likes his Pontiacs Chevy powered!
                                Last edited by ls7gto; September 9, 2011, 03:35 PM.
                                Reading , Pa
                                Good Guys rodders rep.

Comment

Working...
                                X