Nitro Harley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nitro Harley

I went to Joliet (rt 66 raceway) Today and got to hang out with some really cool guys, play with some fuel curves, clutch management, and didn't even have to get dirty. Anyway, the rider got his license, and we got a best ever ET for it.....BTW it had a good enough et to win the last IHRA race I was at. Needless to say but we are going to do this again, this bike has the best parts money can buy and has a ton of potential left in it.

Here is a video of the warm up http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y63...DSCI0027-1.mp4

And here is one of a 6.40 @ 220 letting off pass, it ran 4.20 @ 185 in the 1/8th....And it just got better as the day went on.
    Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

And here are a few pics, note the "little waterman" pump! This thing is just like a mini-A/Fuel car
    Attached Files
    Originally posted by TC
    also boost will make the cam act smaller

Originally posted by A/Fuel View Post
    I went to Joliet (rt 66 raceway) Today and got to hang out with some really cool guys, play with some fuel curves, clutch management, and didn't even have to get dirty. Anyway, the rider got his license, and we got a best ever ET for it.....BTW it had a good enough et to win the last IHRA race I was at. Needless to say but we are going to do this again, this bike has the best parts money can buy and has a ton of potential left in it.

Here is a video of the warm up http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y63...DSCI0027-1.mp4

And here is one of a 6.40 @ 220 letting off pass, it ran 4.20 @ 185 in the 1/8th....And it just got better as the day went on.
    Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

And here are a few pics, note the "little waterman" pump! This thing is just like a mini-A/Fuel car
    As my son says, that's an overflowing bucket of win. The first nitro powered anything I ever saw as a kid was a Harley in the early 70's and that is one of my most enduring memories. Keep the faith.
    "First I believe if you keep the RPM's high enough, ANYTHING is possible." PeeWee

Comment

We had a couple of nitro Harleys and and a blown Top Fuel bike at the match race I was at last night.

Wild stuff. Those damned Harleys sound like bulldozers going down the track and then some stupid big MPH and ET numbers come up on the board. People go APE!
      That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

You ought to make a company and let people pay to get their Top Fuel Drag Bike license on it. With a BangShift'er discount of course;)
        Nitrous is like that hot chick with crabs. you want to hit it, you're just afraid of the consequences

Comment

You would think it would take some crazy off the wall guy to ride one of these things, but the rider was totaly cool, calm, and relaxed.
          Originally posted by TC

Comment

I'm going to bump this just because......
            That thing ran a 6.37 last pass and the rider let off. They are thinking Vegas!
            Originally posted by TC

Comment

my father in law was the crew chief / clutch guy for Ron Houniet's bike for about 12 years, they won 10 CMDRA Top Fuel Harley championships and 1 AHDRA championship (I think they only tried to run for that one 1 year). I'm pretty sure anyone who rides one of those beasts has to carry their balls in a saddle bag.......

Comment

Originally posted by chevy3100truck View Post
                my father in law was the crew chief / clutch guy for Ron Houniet's bike for about 12 years, they won 10 CMDRA Top Fuel Harley championships and 1 AHDRA championship (I think they only tried to run for that one 1 year). I'm pretty sure anyone who rides one of those beasts has to carry their balls in a saddle bag.......
                Roger that! The back cylinder is firing bombs right at the riders chest... none of that sh*t for me, thanks.

Good luck at Vegas!
                Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

I think it takes balls to ride one of those, but if you seen the guy at the mall you'd never guess thats what he does.
                  He kept telling us the quicker it was the easier it was to ride, it got up on the tire faster and he would just lean because the front tire wouldn't touch the ground until half track with a wisp of smoke. He didn't have to steer it, lol. On the last 2 passes he said his face shield was pushing against his nose so hard that he couldn't see. He said he was either going to get a bigger helmet or a smaller nose, lol
                  Originally posted by TC

Comment

Working...
                  X