OK, so how many of you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK, so how many of you?

As Summer draws to an end (Sept. 22nd) how many of you feel like you've wasted this Summer and for those that didn't waste it "let's hear about the Fun stuff you did". I know I wasted my Summer, I've only had the Hot Rod out once (Bowling Green) and then walked through a local car show but in my defense I've been way busy but weekends are for having fun so that's not a legitimate excuse. I still have plans to get out and do things, now that the weather is cooling down it's not nearly as bad sitting in staging in a Firesuit, gloves & helmet, OK so I'm a Pansy!
    Last edited by Grumpy; September 11, 2011, 09:38 AM.
    sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

The weather played a big part in a wasted Summer.........first rain,then the heat.
    Only been to two or three car cruises.

My plans to travel to Topeka today fell flat.......which sucks.

Plus side I did get the shoebox to Bowling Green and Louisville.
    Got to meet up with Brian & Chad and handful of other BS forum freaks.

Bowling Green is already on next year's calender.
    Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

My summer was a waste, seems like I didnt do anything all july and august. We will try to make up for it here in sept.
      Reading , Pa
      Good Guys rodders rep.
      "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
      Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

Early this year I was working on a disbrake conversion on my '60 NewYorker.
        That got put on hold the moment my new daily (Dodge Dart) project entered the garage. I haven't touched any of my other cars since then this years.
        Went to the regular local meetings here in town and just today to a meeting 40miles out of town, but not much else.
        I'm not complaining, wrenching on the Dart is almost just as much fun as my other fullsize cars, but I do feel somewhat 'behind schedule' on the other projects. Eventhough I no such thing as a schedule for them.
        www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

Its not a wasted summer here, just didnt get everything done I wanted to do. I painted a car, swapped an engine, got a couple other things running, fixed on the house, finished Portal 2 single player, and have one truck halfway done. About the only thing I have finished is Portal 2. I still feel like a failure because I havent distilled the batch of fuel from June, dont have any firewood here yet, and the woodstove and the room its in need lots of work. I know I can get the truck done and the 70 GTO drivable if my knees dont hurt me too much and if I stay motivated. I think before I go any farther on this truck project, I need to get the 70 GTO done so it isnt in the doorway of the shop on jackstands.

I need three more people with all my skills and knowledge.

I cant complain about not going to car shows, since crowds and me arent compatible, but I still didnt do much fun stuff other than playing with rusty vehicles. The evenings spent playing stuff online is about the most fun I have. I want a hotrod going and I never have it even close until the snow is almost here. Too much to do, not enough energy for all of it.

Comment

I got the Tbird and have been driving the hell out of it so the summer wasn't completely wasted, but between car troubles soaking up money and time and being sick with a nasty upper respiritory infection for weeks now I haven't done much of anything I wanted to do.
            I'm probably wrong

Comment

I live in LA and still don't have a tan. Except a really bad farmer's tan.
              BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I did alot, got a bunch done, had fun with toys and family but still was sad when the kids went back to school. I will cruise right till it snows but ya summer feels wasted.
                As I get older it seems like I blink and it is gone (week by week ) but I do enjoy every second!

Comment

the second half of the show season is about to kick off here in south east TX, as of right now I plan on hitting various shows that have me taking pics up til Dec. 20th
                  Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

My summer is your winter but different...TOO GD HOT to work on my car...so I dont eff with it during the June, July August September time frame...when it cools off is when I will start to tinker again...
                    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
                      My summer is your winter but different...TOO GD HOT to work on my car...so I dont eff with it during the June, July August September time frame...when it cools off is when I will start to tinker again...
                      my own summer is the only time to weld. winding it down a week ago.. 41F last night.
                      I count on frost from here on out, quick changes to 70s daytime is not good fresh unibody welded steel.

I did have some fun, only recently...finishing a 4 year weekends in the summer project got some bigger cams, a tradtional brass and copper radiator, t-rated street tread..and finalizing welding was actually better than all of that.

this month is inspection for the buggy. I attempt to not be serious every time.. but when I get some bullcrap list of stuff that is not wrong ...can't even say "I am the engineer, the parts man, the mechanic, fabricator and tortured for 15 years with the same chassis."

my finale for an awesome summer, is no BS from inspectors pretending they can generalize everything.
                      Previously boxer3main
                      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

I just wish I woulda had enough money to finish the dune buggy..

Comment

Didn't do as much as I should have done. I did put some miles on the blue Merc finally and reminded myself why I like old cars in the first place. I'm formulating a "plan B" on getting the tan Montego going and it may involve sacraficing the blue one in one way or another. I'm setting a goal of getting the tan Montego road worthy by next summer or it's on to "plan C", . . . which ain't good.
                          Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

Summer went way too fast. Working in the school system the summer is absolutely a mad house trying to do 10 months of work in 2. We had a few days of 100+ degrees and I think it even reach 110 one day, a hurricane and flooding from heavy rains a few times. On the other hand, we spent 2 weeks and all the weekends in our place in PA. Spent a lot of good family time and a lot with good friends while making a few more. I actually started to work on my wife's 69 Mustang as well. It hasn't been on the road since 86. Over all a very good summer!
                            Tom
                            Overdrive is overrated

Comment

My Skylark was down and out most the summer, but otherwise I did plenty. Anti-Tour in May, hiked to the top of Mt. Wheeler (13,600ft), went to Bonneville, and been hella social with people from work.
                              Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Working...
                              X