Sub station + Lightning = *POOF*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sub station + Lightning = *POOF*

last night during a pretty violent storm our sub station took a direct hit...24 hours now without power...all my food is shot, the house is hot as helll...They anticipated a few hours, then by 7am then the afternoon, now they are telling us 11pm...

I know it is a minor inconvenience in the grand scheme of things but my god am I pissed off...

So me and the boys said screw it earlier and went to a park for a bit, did a nature walk then came home and grilled some wings and whipped up some slaw and tater salad...made some sweet tea and played football in the street...but now...at work trying to keep cool...and the internet works too...the boys are watcing movies i nteh break room...
    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

I'm supposed to be getting some violent stuff up here tonight. I hope the power stays, but setting the phone's alarm just in case. Last week or so, we've been getting good amounts of rain (read: Whiskey Row area flooded).
    Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

damn, whiskey row flooded ? so all the water ended up in the Albertsons parking lot ? LOL
      Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Actually, just behind the Row inbetween the Row and the museum on the hill, looked like the Mississippi...I had to drive all the way back around to HWY 89 just to get to my house.
        Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
          last night during a pretty violent storm our sub station took a direct hit...24 hours now without power...all my food is shot, the house is hot as helll...They anticipated a few hours, then by 7am then the afternoon, now they are telling us 11pm...

I know it is a minor inconvenience in the grand scheme of things but my god am I pissed off...

So me and the boys said screw it earlier and went to a park for a bit, did a nature walk then came home and grilled some wings and whipped up some slaw and tater salad...made some sweet tea and played football in the street...but now...at work trying to keep cool...and the internet works too...the boys are watcing movies i nteh break room...
          I don't know, Joe, but it sounded like a pretty good afternoon with the boys to me. Sucks to be without power though, but other than a couple football games, there wasn't anything worth watching on tv.

Comment

Originally posted by sedandelivery55 View Post
            I don't know, Joe, but it sounded like a pretty good afternoon with the boys to me. Sucks to be without power though, but other than a couple football games, there wasn't anything worth watching on tv.
            Youre right It was, we had a good time. I try to make the best of a bad situation. We went to some stores, went out and got pizza for dinner...sat there eating 1 pizza and 30 sodas for 2 hours jut so we could use their AC...They have paper on the table to draw on so we colored and drew...It's rare that I get time like this with them so I look at it as a blessing in disguise.

Other than the loss of a lot of food in the fridge and freezer, it was a minor PITA. Power was back on around 9pm.
            If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Working...
            X