Vintage Weekend at Watkins Glen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vintage Weekend at Watkins Glen

The Vintage at the Glen is a awesome event with pays tribute to the birth of road racing in the states. Watkins Glen is home of some of the coolest turns known to racers everywhere. This event lets everyone re-live the days of the old and experience the new track. I will be using this thread to share pictures and video of this event.

Here's where our days starts....

Enjoy In HD!!

Here's us around the old track. Enjoy!

We got to park downtown after the laps.

Comment

Here's us on Watkins Glen International!

The after party was great to!

Comment

great photos , thanks , love the glen

Comment

Great photos!!!.Great cars!!!

Comment

WGI is a great track, beautiful area of NY. Awesome photos!!

cheers
            Ed N.
            Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
            07 Mustang GT with some stuff
            88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

Nice photos.

It looks like you punch up the colors a bit. the third photo of the 2nd post almost looks like a painting.

Comment

Great shots! Visiting that track is on my bucket list.
                There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Thanks for the kind comments! Some of the pictures are HDR's so when they are not done "properly" they look like paintings. I enjoy the "negative" effects of them because they make pictures look more like the art. Watkins Glen is one of my favorite places even after the entire 2011 Power Tour. The track is just so dynamic which makes it so fun to drive on. Unfortunately the old track is only remembered once a year. I think it should be a historic road that is well maintained. It was pretty ruff as you can see from the second video.

Comment

Great pics and great videos! Love your exhaust note!

Comment

Looks liek it was a great time!

i got to run the track a little in my mustang last month- hell of a time. I wanted to come out to this in the chevelle, but it would have sucked with its current brakes!
                      Local person
                      sigpic

Comment

Thanks! The exhaust is just replica chambered exhaust. The only difference is the it only uses one set of the mufflers instead of the supplied two. Its an awesome sounding car that is loud when you want it to be and quiet when you need it to be :-P

@rustyrodder The most important equipment for the event is good brakes! haha Definitely upgrade to good discs and come join us next year. As a heads up sign up for next year now because it usually fills up in a month or two.

Comment

Originally posted by imprtslyer View Post
                          @rustyrodder The most important equipment for the event is good brakes! haha Definitely upgrade to good discs and come join us next year. As a heads up sign up for next year now because it usually fills up in a month or two.

Non-power front disc right now! Makes a real joy for panic stops. I'll try for next year, but no promises- Chevelle may be on its way to Russia soon if shipping works out.
                          Local person
                          sigpic

Comment

A friend of ours in a mustang had no power brakes.. after we introduced him to the track he has power breaks and a whole new front suspension :-P If you ship it to Russia then you need to visit Germany's ring. That's a track on my bucket list!!

Comment

Originally posted by imprtslyer View Post
                              A friend of ours in a mustang had no power brakes.. after we introduced him to the track he has power breaks and a whole new front suspension :-P If you ship it to Russia then you need to visit Germany's ring. That's a track on my bucket list!!
                              haha, Ill bet! Next one is going to have power disc- hopefully a nice aftermarket 4 wheel setup.

Cars going- Me, not so much. 9 years, we had a good run.
                              Local person
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X