Wild west fauna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wild west fauna

Just taking a break from yard work and sitting on the front stoop last weekend, looking around and thinking what needs to be put away where it belongs...

Firewood needs stacking

WeedWacker goes back to the shed

Move those buckets of rocks

Kill that rattle snake...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG956807.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	26.1 KB
ID:	877941

Name:	IMG953658.jpg
Size:	38.5 KB
ID:	877939

Name:	IMG950073.jpg
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	877942

Name:	IMG955249.jpg
Size:	39.6 KB
ID:	877940

Loren took him out with one pellet to the head...My Hero

~Gail
    Last edited by LORENSWIFE; September 14, 2011, 02:53 PM.
    That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Did you have snake kabobs???? I would have. Taste like chicken.
    OH YEAH
    Long haul 07. 08. 10, 11, and 13. Looking forward to 2014

Comment

I always thought that real hero's would go out and find another snake and make you a pair of boots...!?
      ...Or maybe I've seen too many Pocahontas / Steven Segal-movies
      www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

That looked like it would make a nice pet.
        Originally posted by TC
        also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

<<------- runs away like a little girl !!
          sigpic

Comment

Kind of looks like what you might see in Florida.

When I am working in the yard you always have to be on the look out!!!!!!!!!

Jimbo

Comment

when I was a kid, I know a guy that was a mountain man. Lived in a shack in the woods, rode a mule (thought that was taking it a bit far), smelled good twice a year whether he needed to or not (but this is near Eugene and baths are optional down there), and made a living prospecting for gold near Grants Pass, Oregon.... I loved his philosophy on snakes (he used a 22 with birdshot), he said that even if they weren't close he'd shoot them because he didn't want to get bit by their kids. Of course, to me, a 12 year old kid, he was my hero...

me, I'm with Big Daddy - there's no way I'd get close enough with a pellet gun to pop them in the head.... I'd have a hole in my floor from my .22 or 9mm from long range.
              Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; September 15, 2011, 07:02 AM.
              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

We have a number of poisonous snakes here and I've seen a couple. My philosophy is live and let live. What they want are rodents - no native snakes in NC eat humans. If they are in their habitat and I'm in mine we're OK. I'm the same way with bugs. However, if they enter MY habitat their butt is MINE!

Dan

Comment

snakes have butts? who knew
                  Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Hoofhearted
                      I would have eaten the snake, we used to when we were teenagers and caught them. Loren doesn't like the idea of me skinning things though, so when I do, I kinda make sure he is not around to see it. I did have to cut the rattles off for Tricia though.

BigBlock
                      I think boots would have been great, we will be renting that movie this weekend!

Afuel
                      I had a friend that kept Rattlessnakes as pets. He ended up with a claw finger after being bitten one time.

SuperBuick
                      Mules are awesome! especially for crap trails in the mountains.
                      The pellet gun is a pretty bad ass one but I think the end of it was about 2ft from the snake...

Dan
                      The snake was 3 feet from the front door...Last year some neighborhood boys killed a (our) King snake out in the road, we had seen that King snake for years. The King snakes kill the Rattlers. We also don't have our Peacocks anymore due to scratching the crap out of the cars, Peacocks also kill snakes.

I am not sure what Tricia will do with the rattles but I'm sure she will be showing all her friends.
                      Last edited by LORENSWIFE; September 15, 2011, 08:00 AM.
                      That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

Originally posted by hoofhearted View Post
                        Did you have snake kabobs???? I would have. Taste like chicken.
                        I'll just have the chicken then....

Comment

Actually, folks have that backwards. In reality, chicken tastes like rattlesnake.

Dan

Comment

Why kill it?
                            Nitrous, baby!!...

Comment

Originally posted by jcharliem View Post
                              Why kill it?
                              I know, I know! My first thought was to relocate it, but it was much safer and faster to eliminate this way.
                              They are a dime a dozen out here this year.

Comment

Working...
                              X