Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vermin

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
    Revisiting my past. God help my bank account if I come across a black '69 Impala SS 427 4 spd. And, a '71 Catalina 400 I drove my parents absolutely nuts over when I was 17.

I was recently obsessing over a '65 Biscayne once owned by Matt King and in CC a number times, then owned by Freiburger who dumped it off at Dulcich's farm only to let the rats make a home in it, then Todd Ryden of MSD who currently has. He emailed me saying he was thinking about selling it. Maybe. He sold another car instead, so I guess he is going to keep it now.

(Those 17" Edelbrock wheels are now on Chadster's '66 Bel Air wagon.)

Here it is as a rodent home on Dulcich's farm.
    Here is the crazy thing, around here there just aren't rats. I was getting plug wires and general wiring gnawed regularly, and let me tell you it is a huge pain. My forklift would routinely get the plug wires chewed to bits, especially the brightly colored MSD or Accel wires. Imagine the frustration of having to unload a truck, and the forklift won’t start and you pull the cover and all the wires are chewed to bits! Luckily, I have a big ice chest filled with 20 years worth of take-off junk wires; One month I replaced the plug wires three times - WTF!!

Then one day, of course pulling the cover to yet again replace the wires - right there I found him - the decomposed body of a cottontail rabbit wedged between the propane regulator and the fan shroud. Yellow wire silicone jacket all around his whiskers. S of a B. Rabbits! The place is crawling with them, and they will destroy wiring like you won't believe.

My 5th Avenue engine harness is completely destroyed. A freaking cottontail jumped out last week when I opened the hood. I am probably going to just junk this car as a result. I've been on a vendetta ever since. Sniped six of those low-down vermin just today. Anyone know how to fricassee?
    Last edited by dulcich; September 15, 2011, 06:28 PM.

Remember the cartoon....

BRING ME MORE HOSENFEFER!
    There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
      Remember the cartoon....

BRING ME MORE HOSENFEFER!
      I want Hosenfefer!! Yes sire; right away. Wow, that was funny Milner.
      -dulcich

Comment

Thanks to the wonders of youtube - right here it is:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
        There's always something new to learn.

Comment

On the Bugs topic: Would I throw a lighted match in there if Mugsy was in there? (My favorite cartoon.)
          On the rabbits: They sure are good eats.
          Dustin in Pennsylvania

Comment

Wasically wabbits!! Got get em Elmer Fudd.

What's the difference between critters and varmints? Critters are cute, fuzzy, and you want to pet them. A varmint is something you want to shoot, step on, or pummel with a shovel.
            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Speaking of varmints - we haven't seen a skunk in the 7+ years we've been in NC. Nor smelled one, either. Maybe Joe R knows - are there no skunks in NC?

Bummer about the bunny fixation with wiring. I wonder what they think they're gonna DO with it?

Dan

Comment

I was expecting it to be....squirrels!
                My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

less yappin of peter freakin cottontail and more pics of the bitchincayne - sorry, when I watch Archer I kinda turn into him
                  Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

die bunnys die!!!! i wonder if they will drink anti freeze?
                    Last edited by oldsman71; September 15, 2011, 08:17 PM.
                    COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

Oh, come on...if my retarded ass can rewire an M-body, surely you can...especially underhood..that's a freakin' cakewalk!
                      Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

funny, just this morning my dogs brought me the head and spine of a rabbit.... I suspect the rest was just a tasty treat.
                        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

When we lived up in the desert for 6 years the cars sat in the back yard and the only critters I had a problem with were black widows. Really, really big black widows. maybe they scared everything else away.
                          Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

Originally posted by Remy-Z View Post
                            Oh, come on...if my retarded ass can rewire an M-body, surely you can...especially underhood..that's a freakin' cakewalk!

You're right, Bryan. It was more a matter of having the will to do it. Your words are wisdom, and resonated enough for me to decide to man up, pull up my big boy pants, and and re-wire that bit-h. Thanks, brother. I can't believe I was being such a chick.
                            -dulcich
                            Last edited by dulcich; September 15, 2011, 09:05 PM.

Comment

You better get it running. You and I have some unfinished business including that car.
                              BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X