Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Larry Larson does it again!

That which you manifest is before you.

way to go, wonder how many will bother to feild a car next year,.. or just say the hell with it..

Comment

Originally posted by Stich496 View Post
      way to go, wonder how many will bother to feild a car next year,.. or just say the hell with it..
      You think Lutz is going to quit? Lawson will have competitors next year.
      "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Last edited by BOOOGHAR; September 16, 2011, 09:39 PM.
        Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Originally posted by Orange95Z View Post
          You think Lutz is going to quit? Lawson will have competitors next year.
          so does force and johnson, but when they take the champ every year, well.. it's boring..

Comment

I was hoping for the sake of drag week that he would not win again. But it is truly amazing that A: he runs 7's in a street car all week and doesn't even have a trailer that from FB posts can also run 80 down the freeway, telling me that it most likely has a little more ET left with a more gears and B: No body else can do what he does (Lutz seems to be the only one close)

Comment

Mark, quit being a negative douche. Even after winning three years in a row, Hot Rod went so far as to do features on Larry's competition before the even (which only Joe Barry showed up AND survived to the end, placing second!). There will always be competition.
              Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Larry ... Larry ... Larry !!!

Comment

Congratulations to Larry Larry. This guy is the real deal. For those of you who are not from the Topeka/Kansas City area, I know it is difficult to fathom, but Larry really does drive the snot out of this car on public roads. It is commomplace to see him tooling down I-35 in Kansas City in the Nova, or down to the likka stow to grab some cold ones. This is not a race car on street tires. It is a street car that embarrasses race cars.

Ron
                  It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Ward View Post
                    This is not a race car on street tires. It is a street car that embarrasses race cars.

That is essentially it. He was saying this morning that it lasts because he actually drives it regularly and anything that's going to break on the road has already broken and the 'right' durable part in it's place.

Super nice guy too. Put the gear vendor's he won up for raffle and Dignliff here got it!
                    Last edited by TheSilverBuick; September 17, 2011, 07:21 AM.
                    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Saboury runs the same motor

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post
                        Saboury runs the same motor
                        But he will not bring his car to DW. It would be cool if he did but........
                        used to be purplecobra, now just myself. I still drive a mustang!!!!!

Comment

he drives it on the street and it runs it at events like the shakedown at e town

Comment

As I told Larry this morning, it's amazing what he's been able to do with his car. He says the secret is to DRIVE it. I hope some of the other guys with fast cars will figure that out. Have some fun, drive it to a strip that's not where you live, and see if you can get home without the trailer. It's not easy, but that's how you sort out the car for DW.
                            My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

He uses no trailer, but has a crap load of stuff in the trunk of that thing! haha
                              Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
                              1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
                              1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
                              1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
                              1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
                              1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

Working...
                              X