At least I won't be that guy that will restore them, SomE dAy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At least I won't be that guy that will restore them, SomE dAy

guy came 3 hours away and left a deposit, the chevelles(3) leave oct 1/2 if it's not raining..

my hearts is now on the ground, who wants to stomp on it..

hard to replace too
    it has to get better

Comment

It's only metal. Things will get better.
      I R Bob
      You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
      2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Look at the bright side dude....

Cash.

More room in driveway.

Less distraction from the truck project!
        Yes, I'm a CarJunkie... How many times would YOU rebuild the same engine before getting a crate motor?

Comment

I hear you. Just sold a Ford truck I had been working on and off for 16 years. Pretty sure I wasn't going to get it done. The money is better in my pocket and the truck in his hands. Win-Win for everybody. Now I just have to find a new project that I am interested in......

Comment

sometimes you need to step back to go forward.... but it's still not an easy thing - hang in there.
            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

at least now they have a chance of getting done

it sucks but soe times you have to know when to let go. and hey money is not a bad thing
              Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
              Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

If you need a hand loading them up, let me know. I can use the wrecker to winch them on a trailer.
                That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

just have to focus on what you still have
                  COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
                    If you need a hand loading them up, let me know. I can use the wrecker to winch them on a trailer.
                    I may take u up on this, one has to go back on the frame.. of course I have to free up the 12 bolts brake shoes that have become one with the drums, so the frame rolls..

yes I know.. move backwards to move forward, but you know I'll hit the lotto the week he takes them out of here, for enough money not to be rich, but enough that I'd not have had to get them gone..
                    that dam irishman murphy works that way

Comment

Originally posted by Stich496 View Post
                      I may take u up on this, one has to go back on the frame.. of course I have to free up the 12 bolts brake shoes that have become one with the drums, so the frame rolls..

yes I know.. move backwards to move forward, but you know I'll hit the lotto the week he takes them out of here, for enough money not to be rich, but enough that I'd not have had to get them gone..
                      that dam irishman murphy works that way
                      If you win the Lotto, you can just go buy a car that is already done, or one that has a nice body and interior and maybe some suspension upgrades that's just waiting for a drivetrain upgrade.......

Comment

Stitch - I know it's hard to let 'em go. I always get a bit choked up but sometimes you just HAVE to. I let Ol' Blue ('88 F150) go down the road recently. I wasn't doing a thing to it but I was gonna........ You know how that goes. Still it was hard but made easier as he went to a friend who has gotten him back on the road.

So hang in there. We're all with you.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by Stich496 View Post
                          guy came 3 hours away and left a deposit, the chevelles(3) leave oct 1/2 if it's not raining..

my hearts is now on the ground, who wants to stomp on it..
                          Always the angle.

No one but you has ever had a tough time......uh, right.....

So come back with some news about what you got done on the truck this week. Check the ignition points. Anything. Dreaming/bragging/moaning don't count.

Really dude, I'd like to see you do well but the moaning has got to stop. Your close freinds, if they care about you, need to tell you that, no matter what your actual situation is. Is that stomping on your heart, to say that? Are you still alive? If things are so bad, are you going to stop eating or something?

Join the living, man. Get rid of what you're never going to work on and make some progress on something. A little every day. It's what the rest of us do.

Comment

I could see all the tears if it was a Fairlane or a Torino or something, but a Chevelle? geesh, who cares? Just kidding!!

Comment

Originally posted by TC View Post
                              If you win the Lotto, you can just go buy a car that is already done
                              If Stich does that, do you have any idea how many people will jump on him for being a CHECKBOOK RACER!! Considering how many people he's hammered with that same theme.
                              www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Working...
                              X