Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prayers.. Rick Dekneef lost his life at Silver State Race.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prayers.. Rick Dekneef lost his life at Silver State Race.

A good friend from right up the road Rick Dekneef lost his life over the weekend running the Silver State Race.
    Merle Hill from Ely,Nv also perished in the crash....they were running the 180 target class.
    GOD SPEED RICK.
    Last edited by Chassisman; September 19, 2011, 01:36 PM.
    The Beatings will continue until MORALE IMPROVES !!!!

Wow, that is tragic. My condolences.

What was he driving? And is there a media report?
    I'm still learning

Comment

I heard about that this morning. Merle was a truck driver here, and actually the ex-boyfriend of one of my employee's.

Was it in the F1 truck?
      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

RIP
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Thats sad. Sorry.
          Originally posted by TC
          also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

Sad..R.I P.

Comment

They were in Ricks 94 Camaro.... it was red... back in May they hit 190 in it.....

Here's a short article... http://www.elynews.com/articles/2011...ews/news10.txt

Rick ran NHRA classes for years...back in the early 90's when Nostalgia Drags took off he ran a T-Altered called RATS. When I shut down my race car buildind shop I refered custoers to Rick in Kerman. Recently he was heavily involved with Rocky out at Eagle Field as race operations manager.

Rick will be missed by many....he was a kick to be around and packed alot of life into his years.

Comment

Ah, he's ran it a number of times in that Camaro if I'm not mistaken. I'll be interested to hear the results of the investigation. Two or so years ago I think it was that car blew an oil line just past me and I watched a cloud of smoke trail the car. He stopped at a gate my friend was working and later gave him a copy of the in car video, they were north of 160mph when the whole cabin filled with smoke, amazingly didn't run off the road then since it was on a curve. Just flat sucks all the way around.

Comment

He blew a tire.... was running right around 200....the car left the road...rolled 10-15 times and burst into flames. Reliable source I talked to said it was ugly....and he's sure they didn't suffer at all. Knowing Rick...he was more pissed than scared.

Comment

Damn....

Comment

Gotta love the "NARROWS" and this is in a stock car...unlimited goes through there HAULING AZZ

Going through the 'Narrows' at the Nevada Open Road Challenge on 5/18/08. Video starts at 145mph and ends at 145mph. Initial corner at about 120mph. Minim...

Here's how it looks in the unlimited class....

This clip covers the course between CP #6 and CP #8, about 21.5 miles, and shows the bumpy section of the course and the famous "Narrows" slow twisty section...
                      Last edited by Chassisman; September 20, 2011, 12:01 PM.

Comment

My video's.

May 2010

September 2009

Comment

Tragic news, I seen it online at lunch today. May they both rest in peace.

Comment

Local news coverage on Ricks passing....... http://abclocal.go.com/kfsn/video?id=8361843

Comment

sorry for your loss..

maybe the 200mph class needs the nascar roll cage..
                              tons of pre c.o.t. cars to pick from..
                              what class would a car like that run..??
                              say a 2010 nationwide car

Comment

Working...
                              X