Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should I or shouldn't I? Enablers and naysayers please weigh in - 428cj...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
    I'm thinking we should move this thread to the project section??? ;-)
    I'm thinking its turning into that. Might be a good idea. Give Chad something to do this week.

Oh, almost forgot.... do we need to swap oil filter adapters too? Or at least sending units? I figure the sending unit matches the guage on the boat?
    Last edited by STINEY; October 10, 2011, 12:49 PM.
    Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Just recieved this book from Amazon.....haven't read it through yet, but at first glance it seems to be a MUCH better resource than the Ford Big-Block one by Steve Christ.

At least this one has lots of full color pictures, the other one has low-quality B&W R&R type stuff.

Can't wait to get home and do a little reading.

Comment

LOVE THAT BOOK!

Yea - we need to split this off into a project thread - actually - two threads, one an FE powered boat, and one and FE powered 69 mustang that hasn't seen the light of day in too long.....

Any luck finding any data on the mystery cam? Oil filter housing - good point- I think the boat one is polished - your'e getting a bunch of FE jewelry in this deal - somebody polished every bit of aluminum on this thing!

anybody recognize any of these camshaft numbers???
        From the back of the cam - apear to be computer punched in:

USA - and in a different position on an angle: 250948
        There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Doht! I completely forgot about the cam numbers...... have been busy winterizing the homestead, we're in the same boat, as it were.

Attached Files

Comment

Those pics show the back face of the cam, on the front face, hand scribed it reads :

BC301310
            H 13 5orS? 22053

Comment

While we're sharing pictures - just what mental giant would do this to an exhaust bolt hole?

Click image for larger version

Name:	head worst exhaust port hole.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	82.6 KB
ID:	858075

At least the combustion faces look OK

Click image for larger version

Name:	heads combustion face.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	858076
              Last edited by milner351; October 18, 2011, 07:29 PM.

Comment

OK

This project is about to start it's next chapter.

The cylinder heads shown above have been sold to a guy in Georgia - got the usps money order yesterday, time to ship.

The Jetboat, all the engine parts, and a bunch of other stuff are loaded and ready to head South to Perrysburg OH tonight. Stiney and I will be meeting up with another friend of mine to exchange all this stuff and have dinner, then head back home with our new piles of stuff.

With any luck, the trailer lights won't fall off (magnets plus zip ties holding on harbor frieght light kit), the trailer tires won't come apart, and the weather will cooperate.

Then Friday, Matt will be coming up from Indiana with a pile of FE parts for me, and to pick up a V8 s-10 powertrain donor for his camaro.
                AND
                Will is in town for a seminar.

It's meet a fellow bangshifter week for me!

Comment

I am servicing the truck today, loading the trailer ramps, loading the truck with bunches of FE goodness then heading north east on Friday. I'm on it!
                  HRPT LH- 09,10,11,12
                  DW- 12,16,17
                  "Stay thirsty my friends"
                  The worlds most interesting man

Comment

Stiney and his son Will, myself, and my friend Brian from Marysville met in the rain, in a bank parking lot - next to the Frickers headquarters, not the restaurant... DOH!

We did have sufficient space to exchange all sorts of goodies, from one vehicle to another.

Amazingly - the HF trailer lights work derned good - as long as they're ziptied firmly in place - the magnets... not so much.

Given the fact that they worked and the hassle factor of taking them off in the rain and dark - Stiney has a new set of magnetic trailer lights along with his new trailer wheel and tire, on his old trailer with his old boat - that came with a pile of shiney polished FE parts, and another pile of stainless braided hose and AN fittings, an intake, carb, cam & lifters.... hopefully most of which is usable! Even the chrome alternator was part of the deal - we all know that's at least 15 additional ponies!

Our meeting was too short - but full of good stories and laughs (I don't think Will was bored to tears, but almost).

A gathering at Silver lake for some dune adventures may be in our future.

Comment

• Originally posted by RAIV70Judge View Post
                      I am servicing the truck today, loading the trailer ramps, loading the truck with bunches of FE goodness then heading north east on Friday. I'm on it!
                      Matt - you got a winch?
                      you gonna start a project thread on that pile o parts?

Comment

• Originally posted by milner351 View Post
                        With any luck, the trailer lights won't fall off (magnets plus zip ties holding on harbor frieght light kit), the trailer tires won't come apart, and the weather will cooperate.
                        Hey, 2 outa 3 ain't too bad. Could have done with out the rain, but I'll take an uneventfull trip with rain over the alternative any day!

It was great meeting you guys last night. Will wasn't bored until he ran out of appetite, and he has decided he likes Frickers better than Bob Evans, yay! I get the feeling he'll be chowing on another of those pizzas before long....

I didn't even loose my plate, so the boat trailer passes the bad plate juju test. Christy got a big laugh out of the Frickers Headquarters mixup. She was somewhat less than impressed with the boat (understandably so, as it is really a pile of parts at this point), but will trust me as to the potentialness of it.

Now if I could just fit the Hull into the hot water parts cleaner at work....hmmm.....

Comment

• careful pressure washing fiberglass! I've seen gelcoat just "go away" with 200F and 2000psi water thrown at it....

Sorry I didn't get a chance to get things more cleaned up for you... time has been scarce lately!

Comment

• Will do! It just got here, don't need it to go away quite yet! Its not really that dirty, I just like playing with that washer at work.

Comment

Working...
                            X