goodbye to an old friend...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• goodbye to an old friend...

Saying goodbye to an old friend next week. Mine & Dads 66 Chevelle will be shipped to NJ, where it will be loaded onto a container ship to be sent to....

Russia.

Bank cleared the payment today, Inspector came last week. Hard to see this day come. Had to happen though- the past 3 years, its had 200 miles put on it. Putting the Money in the bank, and going to start looking for something new- rust-free body, better driving characteristics, more of a cruiser. Dad liked the 66-67 Novas, or 70-72 F-body. Im more of a GTO, 442, or GS guy this time. Of course, I wouldnt turn down another Chevelle...

Who knows, maybe Ill find one through one of you fine fellows!

So long old friend- Long may you run.

Pictured with my other missed buddy
    Local person
    sigpic

ill keep an eye out for it. any idea where in nj?

Comment

port of elizabeth
      russia huh ? good for you , you guys were trying to sell that car for years ,nobody has any money in the USA anymore

never thought to fix it ?

Comment

ahhh i missed the russia part.

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post
          port of elizabeth
          russia huh ? good for you , you guys were trying to sell that car for years ,nobody has any money in the USA anymore

never thought to fix it ?

It'll get to Russia...if it makes it out of Port Newark. I remember when I worked at Brahm's Chevrolet in Palisade Park during the mid 70's. We got more trashed new cars to fix then you could shake a stick. Wonder if it's changed?
          Tom
          Overdrive is overrated

Comment

wonder if it's one of YGM buddies

Comment

YGM?

I just hope he goes to a good home! But Im already looking around at new ones. So many 455 goats, and 500+ cube chevelles...
              Local person
              sigpic

Comment

haha , I get it , lol

Comment

Working...
                X