anyone here got a patent?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone here got a patent?

anyone here know te best way of getting one?

last night i got a doozie of an idea.

Re: anyone here got a patent?

I won't be much help on this one, but I am named in the patent for regenerating a Diesel N0X trap using Diesel fuel. But that was done by the EPA legal staff, so mostly I just signed papers and agreed that any money from it went to the Gov. Actually, they are sharing the technology for free - Chris Laroo (Jeep guy) was the young chemist who figured this all out, and I think he kinda got screwed. What I know about getting patents is that you get a room full of lawyers and have lots of pens available. Still, it's kinda cool to be named in one.

Dan

Comment

i'll bet.

my deals with a hydrogen fuel source, so california might be interested. maybe I can sell the idea to the oil comp's. :

I've called inventech (damn infomercials) and they said they don't deal with those kind of inventions. (what a jip...)

it's a shame they're so difficult. should I call a lawyer? maybe a *gulp* politician. haha

Comment

They really dont do that much good 10% change and they are safe to say its new
        2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
        First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
        2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
        2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

yea...like toyota's nascar engine. ;D

so, anyone know any oil comp big wigs? haha

Comment

Bruce Bowling on here has filed for, and received, patents. I know he's busy with the East Coast Megameet which happens this weekend in Atlanta, GA but I bet you can get him to tell you how it works after this weekend.
            www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

bruce bowling? I'll shoot him a PM. whats his handle?

Comment

My (step)father-in-law invented a hinge/screw combination for Hil-Rom to use in Burn Beds about 15yrs ago.
                He was smart enough, BEFORE showing his co-workers on his engineering team, to call my wife (in law school) and get a contract-patent agreement.

He sold the idea to them for .10ea...(they were allowed the patent rights), then THEY sold it to some other manufacturers for more (he will ALWAYS get his cut).
                He collects about $400-500 a month for his idea (and fore-thought!)

Comment

thanks caddy, thats MY plan.

BTW, I found mr.Bowling. thanks.

Comment

One of the Techs that worked for me sent ina tool to KD Tool, thats right every one of you uys who has a KD Serpinteine (SP) belt wrench ( the flat one ) pays this guy, he gets a check every three months for about $5000.00 his first one was $25000.00 he has sent in many more ideas but that one paid off
                    2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                    First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                    2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                    2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle
                      That's pretty cool - if I come up with an idea here, the company owns it.
                      thats why I quit working in the chemical plants. can't take the machine down from within...haha

i made my own serp. belt de-tensioner. mine will lock into place with a C-clamp.

Comment

I Designed Built and Tested a Low Airspeed Indicator Blank off System for the New AH-1Z Cobra Attack Helicopter. Bell Helicopter gets the Patent, Since I was working for them.

I built my own Fuel Metering System for my Drag Car back in the late 70's early 80's. It's amazing how much the New ones look like the one I had 15 years Earlier. It's still being used on a Car down in Spring Hill Florida.

Comment

Working...
                        X