Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poteet and Main Make Bonneville History today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looks like a duck
    duttweiler built the motor ..he is a bit of an LS fan

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post
      looks like a duck
      duttweiler built the motor ..he is a bit of an LS fan
      It may look like a duck to you but you'd still be WRONG!

It's not an LS

Here are some pictures showing ready to run early this week at Bonneville (9-19-2011) and earlier shots of mock up, then dyno testing.

Now, getting back to the topic. They broke the big engine (347") yesterday and just finished the install of the 299" engine (this one ran 434 mph last year). They should be running somtime late this morning.
      Attached Files
      There are very few people in this world who's opinion I value, you are not one of them.

300 in 1999

Comment

Okay boys & girls. The Speed Demon just finished it's checkout pass with the new 299" engine. At 9:44 am pacific time they went through the timed mile at 441 mph with an exit speed of 445 mph! They are working on the turn around as I type this and I'll post more when they make their return run in less than 1 hour.

Latest news, some mechanical issues kept them from completing the retun run.
        Last edited by Dynoroom; September 22, 2011, 10:49 AM. Reason: Correct time
        There are very few people in this world who's opinion I value, you are not one of them.

300 in 1999

Comment

Nice job Shane Tecklenburg on the tune in that car!!
          www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Hey Mike, since that thing seems to eat transmissions, why would they not run something like a Lenco? I am not sure if it killed another Liberty today or what the problem is, but the soft spot in the car appears to be from the back of the motor to the rear wheels. Is it packaging? Would a Lenco not like the sustained run and heat created?

Just being curious!

Brian
            That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

not enough money
              yeah , looks like splayed valve small block , thanks for the photos

Comment

I know Liberty is a popular choice out there because they make an improved-internal-lubrication version that works good at Bonneville. That's what we bought for Spectre's streamliner.

Usually the problems I've observed out there have to do with the air-shifting mechanism, not sure if that's what the Speed Demon guys are going through but, I know they had this problem at speedweek. Making sure NO leaks are present in the spaghetti mess of pneumatic hoses and solenoids is a huge challenge.
                www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Yep, so true.

If it were easy there'd be dozens of 200 mph Pintos all around the country.....
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Dynoroom; September 22, 2011, 04:00 PM.

300 in 1999

Comment

Hi dollar carnage

Comment

Working...
                    X